• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I'll be getting one no doubt! Shoot the crap outta it instead of my Belgium made Hi-power...
    This is the very reason I almost bought a Girsan. There was one on this forum some time back. It had finger grooves. I don't like the look but finger grooves don't fit me comfortably especially Glock. I love Glock. I never liked the finger grooves. I think the SA35 is going to be popular and in very high demand. If it performs as well as the FN, Springfield hit it out of the park on this one.

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Well, it’s not Belgium-made, but WTF cares……modern technology and metallurgy goes a long way….it might just be better than the original. Who knows?
    You sound like a Springfield ad. LOL The influencers on YouTube said the same thing. CNC machines and modern metals and techniques. They were bragging on the fit and finish. They said it was a matte blue not phosphate like the guns made in Turkey.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I knew somebody in America would do this the day I read FN discontinued them. My first thought was "WHHHAATTTTT THE F--K?! Somebody's going to clone that here and make a million, gauranteed, why would FN discontinue the icon?" And the only answer I can think of now is that maybe FN is getting paid for every clone produced? My second thought was "How many can I buy before the value doubles and triples?" Answer: zero. Doubled like the next day

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The thing that caught my eye the most is them deleting the stupid magazine disconnect safety. At that price point I wouldn't mind checking one out.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    OCTOBER 26, 2021
    A brief run down of some additional information released today from Springfield on the enhancements.

The SA-35 takes advantage of modern materials and manufacturing techniques. The pistol also features numerous performance and ergonomic enhancements. These include subtle but significant changes to barrel feed ramp and extractor geometry to ensure the pistol will work with today’s cutting-edge defensive rounds. Further upgrades include a factory-tuned trigger, 15-round flush-fit magazine, beveled magazine well, recontoured “no-bite” hammer design, modern Tactical Rack sights, extended thumb safety and more.
    Additionally, the choice was made to configure the SA-35 without the magazine disconnect as found in the original design. This brings it in line with the rest of Springfield Armory’s offerings and provides the ability for magazines to drop freely.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If anyone sees one in stock, holler. I would probably even buy the girsan p35 if anyone comes across that, too. Girsan has the magazine disconnector tho

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Whoa, I am so glad I held off buying a Girsan.

I’ll be flipping the first example I find over and checking it’s country of origin stamp on the dust cover.
    their xd’s come from Croatia, 1911’s and m1’s start life in Brazil.
    eaa announced their importing girsan hp’s, Tisas has announced they want to import a new version of theirs, and now americas most proud importer announced they have one also. I won’t be surprised at all if at least slides and frames aren’t coming from Turkey.

never mind that whole gun restrictions so long as they get a carve out fiasco.

if/when I see any of them in the wild, I’ll look long and hard at them because while my mkIII and 85 made browning weren’t any more than Springfield is suggesting, it would be nice to have something with zero collector value to shoot the crap out of.
    But not at msrp, and def not at the 20% premium most will no doubt pay until its first recall.

Top Bottom