• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I tried everything beforehand to avoid this. Looking at medical retirement from the Army after 14 years of service. I had to have my C3 through T1 replaced and fused. Here is my new neck.

The wife wants to come back to Florida. We both loved it there when I was stationed there. I will be finishing school for becoming a therapist for PTSD Vets. I think I can help others since I have lived through a lot of these issues myself.

The surgery took place on 14 May and was done by a civilian doctor versus an army doctor. I will be out of work for another 8-12 weeks and then it will be light duty and physical therapy for the next 6 months. It's going to be a lot of work on my end.

Rich

20200527_110616.jpg
    20200527_110705.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Doc, Hope your recovery is swift and as painless as possible.
    You will always be welcomed back in the panhandle as long as you buy some land, raise some big fat deer and, hogs, and invite me to join your club.
    Or, it would just be good to see you posting on here more often.
    SPEEDY RECOVERY !

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We are planning on doing just that. We are looking for some acreage and possibly building our own house, the way we want it. I dont want any part of an HOA. My property, my rules. The wife is a teacher, a good one, not a liberal piece of shit. She had gotten a bad evaluation this year due to her not sticking to the curriculum.

Colorado is beautiful in scenery and place to hunt and shoot. However these libtards are taking over quickly, they control 3 major cities and dictate to the rest of the state. I hate it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi Doc, I'm glad they got you fixed up and hope the recovery goes well. If you need to put comps or rubber butts on your long guns we won't make more than a few bad jokes about it. Hurts not to put in all the years you want to but you've already given full measure in your years. Keep us post Doc.
    Warm regards,
    WR

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    20 plus acres was just put up for sale behind me, just had two wells and a barn built on it, under stand the couple had to move to Kentucky with his job. We have a very good school here, could use a good teacher .And I could use a shooter close by to shoot with. Under stand they are asking 150 the two well was 10. don't know what the barn was. ,

Can you eat good now, did they go in from the front had 3 & 4 fused and plate an screwed not near what you had done just my 5 cents jj

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    20 plus acres was just put up for sale behind me, just had two wells and a barn built on it, under stand the couple had to move to Kentucky with his job. We have a very good school here, could use a good teacher .And I could use a shooter close by to shoot with. Under stand they are asking 150 the two well was 10. don't know what the barn was. ,

Can you eat good now, did they go in from the front had 3 & 4 fused and plate an screwed not near what you had done just my 5 cents jj

I was actually looking at that property I think. Its listed as a 20 acre lot, but is also marked out for two 10 acre lots.

Yeah they went in from the front, I have about a 6in long scar now. They also went in between my shoulder blades in two spots so I have two 2" cross incisions on my back. As far as eating a lot of things get caught in my throat. I've choked a few times now. I mostly drink protein shakes. I've lost 37 pounds now since the surgery. I also thing they fucked my vocal cords up during intubation or extubation because I sound like the dog from the movie grown ups or herbert from family guy.

I also have a huge area on my neck that is totally numb now. Runs from my chin to my chest.

Its gonna be long. Its painful, but it's getting a bit easier to deal with each passing day.

Rich

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dangit...there's actually a better surgery than fusing available now.
    Wife just had disc replacement micro-surgery last year...worked WONDERS for her neck.
    Only set us back a few hundred...insurance paid the rest.

Folks that need neck repair should seriously look into the New Medical proceedures
    available now...robotic surgery is working miracles!

Top Bottom