• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have used one of the rail mounts they sell on their site. Don't remember them being check only, but it's been a while since I bought from them.

It's a weaver style mount, and mostly works fine for any sort of red dot, as long as you don't mind the silly sight offset.

Attachments

• Day 3, The Swiss are getting suspicious.jpg
      Day 3, The Swiss are getting suspicious.jpg
      326.9 KB · Views: 55

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have used one of the rail mounts they sell on their site. Don't remember them being check only, but it's been a while since I bought from them.

It's a weaver style mount, and mostly works fine for any sort of red dot, as long as you don't mind the silly sight offset.
    Very cool. Is the mount crooked or just too high??

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yeah, pretty much any gun they have made since they reformed the company should be threaded. Mine has an older format of 9mm threading, 9/16x24. Now they thread 1/2x28.

If you have something that's unthreaded it's surely an older one.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Maybe I'm wrong about everything being threaded. But the new model Liberty I that mine is based on should be threaded, though the threading has changed since mine was made.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah, pretty much any gun they have made since they reformed the company should be threaded. Mine has an older format of 9mm threading, 9/16x24. Now they thread 1/2x28.

If you have something that's unthreaded it's surely an older one.
    Yeah no threads. Wish it did, paranoid about banging the crown. There's a few sharp spots on it. Its stamped Bakersfield CA.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I wonder if you can put on a clamp on style A2 post on it. Then use the picatinny adapters on that to get rails for lights and lasers. Then as far as the dot, check the dimensions on a Unity Tactical riser. They have built in iron sights also btw. I have one ordered and will be here soon

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    And if anyone has 2, I'll take another.
    I believe they are still in production, Rebel.
    It's been a minute since I looked it up, but they were less than $100. IIRC
    And mags are pricey. Word is stick with the 50 round magazine for the 9mm. The weight of 100 rounds of 9mm causes feeding problems unless you keep that spring tension really tight. Hence the broken springs.
    Found you some parts, sent a pm.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Well no call back or email. I guess it's up to us to come up with something. I have a bolt on rail on the bottom may be able to move it to the top and use a 45 deg offset with red dot. I shoot left and did this on the sub2k works great.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    *** Calico got back with me. Good to go. Ordered scope rail and smoke case for the 50rd mag, can watch the bullets go round and impress the onlookers, lol.

Shot it today. Was pissed at first, didn't understand how to load it properly. Also found out 10 cranks on the drum is the MAX. Used 8 turns and it went just fine.
    I thought you could release the spring and just "drop" the rounds in, nope. It's actually a TRIPLE stack mag. Turned the spring about 1/2 turn where I could see the follower and then started loading, as more rounds went in I would hit the button to release the spring. Once started properly it was a breeze to load.
    Fast as I could snap the trigger it went boom. Hardly any recoil, nothing like the sub2k. ( roller locking)
    Shot with and without the vertical foregrip. With it no issues, without it your support arm get pelted with hot brass.( bottom eject) so the "swiss" forgrip stays. Looks funky but works.
    20220716_143852_001.jpg

Top Bottom