• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    About a week ago I responded to a news article and shortly after was texted by some asshole who threatened me and my family with death.

I'm guessing he used a search for my email and found my phone number also. I have no social media besides this forum and snipershide.

That night after he sent the texts he called me and told me he was going to kill me and my family.

I told him I was forwarding all his texts to the local police and such.

An hour later his phone was disconnected.

The next day I get another text from a different number and all it was, was pictures of dismembered bodies from cartel hits.

I immediately forwarded these to the detective on the case. And not 20 min later that number was disconnected.

He sent me also a picture of my address.

I normally dont shy away from this shit but this is crazy, all over a response to a news article. And all I did was post FBI stats.

The police here on the mil base have increased their patrols around here and put some guys outside my house.

The Garrison commander is calling me daily to check in, but I'm more worried about my boys and wife when they go to school and work....

I carry a gun on me all the time now, but fuck. All for a certain political view.....

Doc

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'd take it seriously just as you are doing.
    I had a similar situation from an employee threatening me. He turned out to be working using a witness protection new identity name and social security number. He was a witness in a drug lord trial in Miami.
    This guy could be serious. Fortunately, most of these guys are cowards.
    Keep the authorities posted and demand protection for you and your family until the threat is eliminated.
    Stay safe Doc!

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yea, forums and social media both now days can stir up a shit storm quickly when it comes to political views these days. I take my families safety very SERRIOUSLY and any threat such as what you have mentioned would have me on edge !!!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should take that kind of threat seriously , there are some sick puppy's running loose these days .

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no idea why that posted twice, sorry.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    people have become unhinged, based on their own inflated view of their "rightness" being somehow a holy purposel to be acted on…..

when right becomes wrong, truth is called a lie,& a lie the truth, then evil is called good , and good is called evil, then dangerous times have arrived

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm sorry to hear about this, doc.

I recommend you go, In-Person, to the CID and open a case.

Death threats against active-duty military for most-likely political reasons should fall under at least one or twenty different categories of federal crimes. It should unlock more resources.

I imagine the LEOs (local and federal) who are frustrated at having their hands tied dealing with "peaceful protestors" would jump at the chance to exercise their skills at following what should be some fresh cyber tracks to find this piece of garbage.

If nothing else, the more cases you open and reports you file, then, God Forbid this coward decides to act, and you deal with his aggression with extreme effectiveness, then at least you can point to all of the paper trail and say "See? I told you so" to any libtard prosecutor looking to make headlines.

Regardless of what appointments you have or reports you file, I'd have some serious talks with the family.

Vigilance doesn't need to be scary; it's just prudent stewardship of this awesome gift of Life we've all been given. The wife and kids don't need to live in fear. Just continue what should be normal precautions.

Side note: security cameras and sensors and motion-activated floodlights can add layers of early-warning, but you may have to act like you're living off-post overseas for awhile. Scan outside the house before opening the door. Allow a few extra minutes in your travel routine to check the vehicle if parked outside overnight. Change up your driving route. Keep your gun hand free of groceries or keys in the parking lot. Personally speak with your kids' teachers and principal about who is allowed near your kids. If your wife doesn't carry, she should. Fuck Colorado's laws if they're in the way.

Nothing insurmountable, but yeah, an irritation.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While stationed in Germany, way before social media, and living off base in Government Leased Quarters, I recieved a call stating we know you are American, we know where you live, and we know what car you drive. I couldn't get in my car without doing an inspection for my last 3 years in Germany.

Reported it to Security Police, who sent me to AF OSI who also had Army CID with them. I was told don't worry about it, it was probably just a prank. This was towards the end of the Cold War, but Terrorism was still an issue in Europe. I'll never understand why they seem to blow it off, their handling of it still aggravates me to this day.

I would be careful, check your six, take necessary safety precautions. Talk to OSI if you're AF, NCIS if Navy, Marine, or CID if Army. Inform your command staff about it and that you want to elevate the incident report. Commanders will work with you on this.....That's their job!

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Everything has been reported to the correct jurisdiction. It is being taken very seriously at this point. The first number was a NY number and the second one was from CA.

I am on edge of course. My oldest son is armed at all times in the house. And I have my AR pistol next to me at all times. I carry a few extra things with me while I'm out.

We make as few trips to places off post as possible or at "off" times so there are less people out and to keep eyes on.

Thank you all for the support.

Doc

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doc, I'm sorry to see such a thing dropped into you already full plate. I've read very similar threats including the same type Cartel carnage photos beeing reported a few times before. I hadn't read about quickly disconnected phones or possible burner phones but that info may have been withheld from the articles. Another difference is if you actually spoke to the person instead of text communications.

Sometimes these threats are part of a scam to get money from the victims (at Links) A person could alter it (copycat) as you received it and continued to push it. Did the Threat actually reference your FBI Stats and comments? Maybe the timing is just coincidental if there wasn't a reference to the OnLine post you made.

I think your correct in reporting and proactive protective measures. If definitely not tossing any type of B.S. flag here, just giving you something to consider which may help you better determine the threat level. You can check the links for similarities and google "death threats and cartel death photos sent" and compare them to what you received. Could be an asshat pissed off by you posting facts contrary to their hate and opinions. You have to decide any reduction in the validity possed by or to carry out the threat, based on what you find. These all reference "Texting" not verbal conversation.

https://wyo4news.com/news/grpd-warns-of-scam/

Here's another that feeds off social media posts to extort people.

Shows some actual phone messages:

Please keep us post my friend.

P.S. Those phone tracks to NY & Ca make me think it being sent via computer links.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Doc, I'm sorry to see such a thing dropped into you already full plate. I've read very similar threats including the same type Cartel carnage photos beeing reported a few times before. I hadn't read about quickly disconnected phones or possible burner phones but that info may have been withheld from the articles. Another difference is if you actually spoke to the person instead of text communications.

Sometimes these threats are part of a scam to get money from the victims (at Links) A person could alter it (copycat) as you received it and continued to push it. Did the Threat actually reference your FBI Stats and comments? Maybe the timing is just coincidental if there wasn't a reference to the OnLine post you made.

I think your correct in reporting and proactive protective measures. If definitely not tossing any type of B.S. flag here, just giving you something to consider which may help you better determine the threat level. You can check the links for similarities and google "death threats and cartel death photos sent" and compare them to what you received. Could be an asshat pissed off by you posting facts contrary to their hate and opinions. You have to decide any reduction in the validity possed by or to carry out the threat, based on what you find. These all reference "Texting" not verbal conversation.

https://wyo4news.com/news/grpd-warns-of-scam/

Here's another that feeds off social media posts to extort people.

Shows some actual phone messages:

Please keep us post my friend.

P.S. Those phone tracks to NY & Ca make me think it being sent via computer links.

Looking at the messages in the link, my first thought is that it's a bot, not a real person, because of the repetition

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking at the messages in the link, my first thought is that it's a bot, not a real person, because of the repetition
    Possibly, though a lot of scam mills workers don't speak or write english well enough; they follow a script with a yes/no wire diagram for their responses. These scam mills like their primary workers have imigrated to the U.S. predominantly into their ethnic comunities.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, I'm just staying alert currently. There hasn't been any asking of money or anything like that. Just the threats. The first two were texts and the next one was a phone call. Definitely very broken english.

Thanks everyone.

Doc

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    stay on top of the police reports. If things get sour, you'll have a documented case to fall back on in defense

DBCDave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would hire a private detective to get a name and location and then handle it myself . I would look forward to meeting the person

DBCDave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have been attacked by a dirty stinky Commie you can call the police or you can take care of it if you can’t take care of yourself hire somebody Fuck the commies the war has started we got to look at the big picture

Top Bottom