• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    OK, what's the scoop on the 8.6 Blackout? Sounds like a perfect example of "Go big or go home".
    Gulf Coast Guns in Milton has an 8.6 blk, bolt action pistol that's wicked cool. They said that when the go/no go gages get here, they were going to start manufacturing them. Wicked fast 1:3 twist IIRC

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Gulf Coast Guns in Milton has an 8.6 blk, bolt action pistol that's wicked cool. They said that when the go/no go gages get here, they were going to start manufacturing them. Wicked fast 1:3 twist IIRC
    Yeah I thought a 1:5 was fast on my Rattlers lol. I saw a Garand Thumb video about it recently and he said due to the spin they drift after x yards. I didn't know that prior. Not sure yet how good it would be for long range yet.
    So far I still like the 350 Legend more as it does both long range, and quiet really well... with some 300 grain ballpark subs too. All in an AR15 size receiver. But, 8.6 does alot for its barrel length tho for sure.
    Dang 300 BLK ammo alone is expensive as it is already lol. But it does the job for short barrels in the AR15 platform.
    8.6 would be one of those that ya pop a couple to impress your buds then hope like hell they don't ask to shoot it too lol
    But it sure does have that wow factor and is quiet and tiny tho for all that power. Very impressive.
    I do want one. But keep telling myself it's a no-no lol

Top Bottom