• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Tapco went out of business by the time I was old enough to get into firearms haha. I had one of their folding stocks and rather liked it though lol. Super lightweight, but not something I would use on a duty rifle though.
    Crap I'm old... used to have a saiga...duh. sold it when the prices went stupid. Still got the hunting stock somewhere.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    if it fits and feeds well in your weapon its the best ,i usually buy one if it works i buy more ,some ak's can be mag whores and some mags are whores . Take a bunch of loaded different ak mags and look at them from the rear ,there is a big difference between makers of how much the rear of the case shows that the bolt has to push out of the mag . No need for bolt hold open either imho

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Solid deal on a WASR, add to cart for price. Unless they changed it, should be $659.00 + 20 ship. Gets you a proper chrome lined bore AKM made by people that have been doing it for generations!

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Regarding PSA’s there is a guy on YouTube saying PSA are fine but they will not last 1000’s and 1000’s of rounds because of the way PSA builds them. The trunnion/ dimple
    pin and their bolt not made correctly. He seems knowledgeable. Sorry I don’t know how to post a link. Search “PSA AK’s are garbage”.
    My PSA AK-103 has been okay so far. I do hate the iron sights and trigger. Targets at 100 yds are tough to hit.

SLTW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Robski on ak operators union has a PSA going north of 5,000 rounds with no issues.

Garand thumb messed his PSA AK74 up shooting 2000 rounds in a day. The trunnion had weird wear marks. PSA realized it was a production issue and fixed it bc of garand thumbs review. This was like 3 years ago.

Also, plus 1 for zastava. Excellent rifles

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Solid deal on a WASR, add to cart for price. Unless they changed it, should be $659.00 + 20 ship. Gets you a proper chrome lined bore AKM made by people that have been doing it for generations!
    Yep, im old. These used to be 359 from J and G sales... dammit.

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Yep, im old. These used to be 359 from J and G sales... dammit.
    Good ole inflation. You can still find WASRs for cheap on gunbroker every now n then. Deals are still out there. Especially now since 7.62 and 5.45 ammo are in a rough patch with import so everyones offloading them. Shit 2018, I could still find WASRs for $450

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    *UPDATED PICS*

As I said long ago: "The only thing we should be importing from China is the AKs. Instead, it's the only thing we can't get from there!"

New bipod, folded stock now retained w/bungee & hook, added "map light" (Red 2 or 10 lumens, White 10 lumens) to the bottom of forward mount which has reflex sight/red laser (w/black cap in place) combo on top. Green laser on left side of handguard (has orange cap in place, might need to replace w/black cap : )

DSC09721web.jpg

DSC09705web.jpg

DSC09718web.jpg

Last edited:

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Good ole inflation. You can still find WASRs for cheap on gunbroker every now n then. Deals are still out there. Especially now since 7.62 and 5.45 ammo are in a rough patch with import so everyones offloading them. Shit 2018, I could still find WASRs for $450
    I think in 2018/19 money, this wasr should be around $420-$450! I must of been looking in the wrong place for WASRs then, I feel like they were in the mid $600s then too.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Regarding PSA’s there is a guy on YouTube saying PSA are fine but they will not last 1000’s and 1000’s of rounds because of the way PSA builds them. The trunnion/ dimple
    pin and their bolt not made correctly. He seems knowledgeable. Sorry I don’t know how to post a link. Search “PSA AK’s are garbage”.
    My PSA AK-103 has been okay so far. I do hate the iron sights and trigger. Targets at 100 yds are tough to hit.

Yep. Told y'all... American companies are cutting corners on their in house builds.

Best mags?? Liking the info I'm reading on the DPMS AK. Plus would suit my odd weapon tastes to have a DPMS marked AK. Lol.

Go for surplus if possible, or new Bulgarian steels. DPMS = PSA.

Last edited:

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have had zero problems w/ MagPul AK mags, Tapco's work fine as well, and some unmarked Korean ones worked fine in my AK's. I will say I have had problems w/ US Palm and would avoid them. I do like the US Palm grips but would avoid their mags.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    What about these guys? They certainly don't give them away, but...

https://meridiandefensecorp.com/

Meridian and Rifle Dynamics build great rifles but you definitely pay for it (way too much IMO).

For anyone looking, here's a few nice builds that are in stock right now:

Atlantic AK63F (Hungarian Build)
    Atlantic MD65 (Romanian Build)
    Atlantic BFPU (Romanian Build)
    Atlantic DIY Romanian (buy your own furniture & trigger group)
    WBP DIY (Polish Factory Rifle, buy your own furniture, super nice)
    Atlantic Izhevsk Build (Russian, big $, comes with furniture but you'll need a trigger group)

All built on solid combloc parts and if anything is wrong they'll take care of you. If I was buying I'd go straight for the AK63F or the WBP.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Wow, had no idea quality was this spotty without spending +1k. Guess I'll stick with my death trap bear creek sidecharger AR39. At least if it acted up/ broke it could be fixed, from what I read if the ak craps out it's Dumpster time.

** was actually bidding on an DPMS Anvil, thought better of it.
    Also kinda sad that a redneck can assemble something at home that's better quality / more durable than something built by an arms manufacturer. Wow.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom