• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can help you with that trigger. Ive torn many of those SOB's apart . I can even smooth out the trigger getting rid of that gritty feel. your trigger mechanism just might need a good cleaning.

you have no idea how happy I am to hear this, honestly. The only reason I havent shot the shitload of ammo (not in comparison to some of you bastard hoarders) is I'm so embarrassed to take it to the damn range with the trigger issue. I dont like carrying around a gun that isnt 100%! I'd gladly take you up on this and would like to watch/learn if this is an afternoon type fiasco. Pizza and beers on me? Let me know whens good for you.

Nato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This isnt just some add on BS. this rifle has had alot of work. it will shoot 2.5 inch groups at 100 yds with me behind the trigger shooting reloads. It has shot under 2inch with better shooter. Not much is chinese left in this rifle.

I am not going to say it.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    she's fun to shoot. Has an issue in the trigger which I've yet to figure out/fix. When you fire the trigger stays back and wont reset. Flick the trigger kinda sideways a bit and it resets just fine and fires again. Surely just a burr in the trigger assembly but I cant seem to get the trigger group apart. Gave myself a "garand thumb" when I tried and then quit, haha.

Funny. Im having a similar problem with my Yugo M70B1 AK. It will fire fine for some time and then it will start to do the same thing. The trigger will stay back, and I have to reset it by pulling on it. Its not hard to do, as in, it takes very little pressure. Once reset it fires normally for a time again before it sticks again.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found a link somewhere that listed every make and model of SKS ever made. I can't find it now, but I'm buying a Norinco SKS and I'd like to do some more research before I actually pull the trigger. HAH! I made a punny! Could somebody point me in the right direction please?
    Or if you might know, maybe some info? It doesn't have a blade bayonet, but the pig sticker kind. The numeral on the rear sight looks like a Roman numeral 3. I didn't get the serial number or any other markings. Looks to be in good shape though and I'm getting it for $300 which seems like a decent price these days. Any last advice before I pick it up on Saturday?

Last edited:

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If its a Norinco it is the best ones made, not a collector piece due to it was imported as a sporter weapon. If it was Albanian or early Russian that would be different. Look on the receiver or barrel and let me know the importer and I may be able to give you more info. Also there should be a number 26 surrounded by a triangle on the receiver. I bought a unfired Norinco in 2007 for 3 bills so Id say its a good deal.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Gunner! I do recall a triangle but I didn't look close enough at the markings at the time, just the condition.
    I've liked the looks of the SKS for years but never really considered it as a main rifle. From what I've been reading though (in many places), it's simple, rugged and reliable.... As long as you clean the cosmoline from the trigger.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Hoss, one thing I remember about them from the last century was there were 2 types of barrel attatchments, one threaded and one pinned. Obviously the threaded barrel versions are more desirable but I never hear anything bad about a pinned barrel. You can see the pinheads (oreilly) on both sides of the rx where the barrel attaches.

Rick

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Rick.. It's pinned, but I think it'll be ok.. Still no ammo or time to go shoot it though. Supposed to rain so bad that they're thinking bout canceling Mardi Gras. The thing cleaned up nice though. Not one sign of rust and only a few dents and dings on the stock. I may actually refinish the stock just for fun. Then again, I got it for such a good price that I may just "bubbarize" it. Won't hurt the resale value as I'm not planning on selling it and i won't have to worry about the stock ever splitting or falling apart.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I finally got to shoot it a couple weekends ago. Didn't have access to long range, but only about 25-35 yards. It shot dead center and about 4 inches high. I figure that's gonna be right on at 100 yards or so. Love this rifle! Almost no recoil, accuracy, low cost, and low cost ammo too!
    My barrel is pinned and the rifle is a 1980 Chinese model. I must have spent 2 hours cleaning out cosmoline when I got it! It's got a few "love marks" on the stock but nothing to detract from the real simple beauty of it.
    I'll check out those info boards today since I'm home from work thanks to the crud floating around down here. I hate being sick but it does give me some much needed rest.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like this is this IS the SKS Thread. That said, the SKS (in general) is a great $150 rifle. It is not a great $400 and up rifle. You can put diamonds on a pig but its still a pig. Weaponry must be evaluated "as manufactured" not as fix, improved or dressed up by the owner. Lets say you put $2K in a SKS and it now shoots .25 MOA @ 100M. that's fantastic, but the weapon no longer represents the standard SKS's. Same basic things can be said for ALL Firearms, they fall in two categories: Stock and modified. Modifications are split between function/repair and cosmetic/fit.

Credit must be given for what the SKS was designed for and how it has filled those field requirement well in "stock" condition.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish it was a $150 rifle. It was marked to sell at $475 and I got it at $300. I have seen one marked at $625, but I laughed at that. It's no evil black AR-15 but it'll throw a bigger piece of lead just as accurately at the distances I shoot and it'll do it cheaper. I feel pretty good about $300 for it these days. And it's got that "so ugly that it's cute" kind of style! LOL

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah I was a buyer and seller at $150, what the gun it really worth. I do understand at 300 how it is still a cheap shooter but would never be into one more than that. I just know what they are and even though you can get pig MOA out of them, I require better accuracy. I do like them though but properly set up for me I would be into one more than I am comfortable with paying. When it is all you want to afford they are fine for what they are.

Top Bottom