• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackhawk

Expert
    I am thinking the price of silver will get much lower with the election around the corner.....

shootnstarz

Master
    I am thinking the price of silver will get much lower with the election around the corner.....

If we only knew for sure, but it is trending downward.

I've always heard that it cost $23 an oz to mine & refine. It has been below that for quite a while now.

Rick

MAXman

Master
    Gold is down also.
    I'm sure there is more factors than the early start to a campaign year. Global markets and such.

Snow Bird

Master
    Global markets more than the campains.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Well, I've officially bought into the silver game. I have to say, ordered them online and after getting my pieces, it's almost addicting to look at the shiny pieces of silver. I'm probably going to get some more soon!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I took ricks advice and I've bought from Tim at Roberts and Roberts 3 times now. I've been very satisfied. He has an excellent selection and very easy to deal with.

and i feel very safe sitting in his office....surrounded by guns.silver,gold, platinium, palladium...and cameras...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Hey Rick, I went to see your silver man and bought some, Thanks. I dropped your name for a referral, he said Thank you. I opted for the standard mint coin, as not being a coin collector, I do not see any benefit to paying more for other coins, am I wrong in that assumption?

i see no benefit in buying old coins, other than 90% us coins..

maples, eagles, phils, libertads....& generic rounds for me...silver is a strong buy now..

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fo...sible-how-about-1000-2015-07-30?siteid=yhoof2

I don't know of many charts out there that a bullish investor since 2011 would look at with more disgust than the silver chart. It has been an exceptionally painful experience for those bullishly inclined since 2011. In fact, silver has dropped 70% from its 2011 heights to its recent lows, and it is still not done. But this story certainly has a "silver lining" for those who are willing to be a bit more patient.
    On Aug. 30, 2011, I wrote my first public column about silver, which called for a market top in silver with a shorting target of 42.90, and that it must remain below 44.30 for the downside to ensue. Within the same column, I provided a downside target of 26.80 in the futures.
    On Sept. 2, 2011, silver futures reached a high of 43.72, and then began a waterfall decline which spiked as low as 26.36 24 days later before a larger countertrend rally took hold. In fact, in my comments to this column, I noted on Sept. 3, 2011, that "we are probably within a trading day or two of a big move," and my perspective was clearly to the downside, as I was shorting silver at the time. As we now know, silver declined 38% within three weeks. Our analysis, which even identified the level at which silver would target, was within .44 of the bottom actually struck.

more.....

shootnstarz

Master
    Just received an 1880S BU Morgan and 5 NGC PF69 2015 ATB silver quarters, got a pretty good deal on them both on feebay.

Rick

shootnstarz

Master
    Anybody been watching? It's up about a buck in the last week.

Just snagged a 1928 Medusa off feebay for an excellent price.

Anybody ever watch that coin guy on the shopping channels? I watch for information purposes but his items are priced about 3X what you can actually buy them for with a little leg work (or finger work).

Rick

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah I have bought some, I just don't like dealer markups so tend to buy from individuals

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    buy old 90% u.s. coins, there is no sales tax in florida, or over $500 of bullion....the formula for calculating value is .715 x spot price, x face value of coins gives cost

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    buy old 90% u.s. coins, there is no sales tax in florida, or over $500 of bullion....the formula for calculating value is .715 x spot price, x face value of coins gives cost

No sales tax on any US currency, including .999 silver eagle. Also no sales tax on Internet sales yet.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Silver is money, rare, honest, true, heavy, measureable, weighable, countable, the best electrical conductor, a great heat conductor, the most reflective metal, good, pure, shiny, acoustical, antibacterial, valuable, the free markets choice for thousands of years, rewards production, savers, and thrift, maintains honest and limited government, restrains government, promotes freedom, is slandered, misunderstood, ignored, undervalued, overlooked, maligned, hated by bankers, usurpers, and usurers, is traded, hoarded, saved, appreciates, goes up in value, rewards miners, promotes the production of byproduct minerals needed by society, is beautiful, substantial, useful, is ever more useful and rare, increasing in rarity,
    Paper money is plentiful, dishonest, false, adulterated, watered down, dirty, filthy, moldy, dusty, diseased, imaginary, unjust, abominable, a theoretical abstraction, not identifiable, not definable, not measurable, inflatable, inflationary, intrinsically worthless, overvalued, used up paper, temporary, monopolistic, parasitic, easily counterfeited, a broken promise, a cause of taxes, oppresses the people, rewards laziness and political connections, corrupts politicians, subverts governments, heavily promoted by liars, is spent quickly, depreciates, grows more worthless, rewards debtors, rewards paper money printers, promotes tyrants and excessive and intrusive government, is a tool of theft, is evidence of theft, causes theft through imaginary and phantom capital gains taxes from inflation, causes theft from savers through devaluation, is worse than worthless, is harmful, causes economic distortions, encourages bad investments, encourages speculation, encourages debt, encourages leverage, discourages business, keeps alive bankrupt businesses, delays the natural business cycles, causes depressions, causes wars, funds wars, was discredited for hundreds of years in China, has currently lasted barely 101 years or 43 in America depending on how you count, has lost 99% of its value in 100 years in America

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    So I Take it you prefer silver over cash? I'm with ya !!! Just got my 1946D dime in the mail today.

Rick
    if I could get half cash, half silver for a paychk, I would be happy

Latest posts

Top Bottom