• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just started shopping yesterday, We own an old Massey type 30 and it works hard but is hard to work.. loader and grapple implements are required and just got a quote from Coastal for a Kubota 3901 4wd HST... also getting a Kioti quote for comparable tractor... really think its Kubota's sale to lose but hear great things about Kioti.. Anybody here have one? are aftermarket implements better/worse? already have nearly everything but grapple & loader stuff... any dealer better than coastal?

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Check out Elberta Hardware on Hwy 98 they sell & service Yanmar (7 year warranty) Cub Cadet and TYM. They have great service and good people to deal with! Our FOP Lodge bought a 25 hp Yanmar w/ loader and finish mower a couple of years ago from them. We have been very pleased with it!

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Im a kubota fan. Just bought a l2501 hst. 0% financing was easy. It is a little light for the stump bucket i bought, but other than that, my only complaint is the 3 point lower setting stop knob. I think the threads are buggered

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know people are in to buying mahindras because they are cheaper. But I am not knowledgeable enough to recommend one.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those compact tractors share a lot of the same parts, I suspect many of them are made in the same plant. Some times assembled in the USA means they were uncrated and the wheel and tires installed and the fluids added here.

is now selling compact tractors with their name on them . They seem like the most tractor for the money to me . Each store that sells them has a service and parts department in house. It appears that they are serious about being in the tractor business. I think they are worth looking at.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting parts is important. I have an old kubota l2350 and there are a lot of parts about for them and certain things like electrical parts and wires are giving me trouble. The worst so far was replacing the frigging water pump. It had 15 bolts in it, but was not at all expensive to buy or find on line.
    The original Mahindra tractors were copies of some older heavy duty tractor and had a good reputation, not sure if it is still true.
    Off brand tractors built form outsourced parts I would only recommend to someone that knows how to fix things and where and how to adapt parts to fit or knows someone that can.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out Elberta Hardware on Hwy 98 they sell & service Yanmar (7 year warranty) Cub Cadet and TYM. They have great service and good people to deal with! Our FOP Lodge bought a 25 hp Yanmar w/ loader and finish mower a couple of years ago from them. We have been very pleased with it!
    Do you recall what it cost?

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

thanks, will look into those...

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Im a kubota fan. Just bought a l2501 hst. 0% financing was easy. It is a little light for the stump bucket i bought, but other than that, my only complaint is the 3 point lower setting stop knob. I think the threads are buggered
    dang hate to hear that... i keep hearing alot of people buying the 25hp but I cant imagine its enough for what I want to do... thanks for the heads up...

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Those compact tractors share a lot of the same parts, I suspect many of them are made in the same plant. Some times assembled in the USA means they were uncrated and the wheel and tires installed and the fluids added here.

is now selling compact tractors with their name on them . They seem like the most tractor for the money to me . Each store that sells them has a service and parts department in house. It appears that they are serious about being in the tractor business. I think they are worth looking at.
    interesting, closest store to the ranch is Dothan.... does look like alot of tractor for the money... thanks..

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Our hunting club buddy has a new one, its blue. Don't know the brand but it's a workhorse, but new ones are chocked full of chips, computers and sensors.

Attachments

• 20201105_152146.jpg
      20201105_152146.jpg
      5.4 MB · Views: 99

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Our hunting club buddy has a new one, its blue. Don't know the brand but it's a workhorse, but new ones are chocked full of chips, computers and sensors.

Pretty soon they will have back up cameras, and adaptive cruise control.

Don’t forget - John Deere is a software company and they are only licensing your use of their software and don’t actually own the tractor.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I haven’t read the whole thread, so maybe it’s been said but the dealership is just as important.
    I’ve owned a few Kubota tractors and their good machines and I’d buy another if I needed one. I usually compare dealership and service departments as much as the tractors itself. Your in Pensacola and Beard (Mobile and P’cola) are both a good company to deal with, they sell John Deere. I bought a skid steer in Mobile and and a JD marine Diesel engine from Pensacola, they use to be a bobcat dealer in Mobile and when I hauled mine in, they jumped on it quick, I mean right then, so they have a good service department to deal with. I’ve also purchased a mini excavator from Thompson but their mainly caterpillar, not sure if they have a small tractor or not but they’re good with service also. any question feel free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you’re buying used get a Tier 3 or earlier engine. All the new ones are Tier 4 and they have egr valves on them. Adds more cost, complexity, reduces engine power and life. Egr on a diesel is just stupid.

I bought a 80 hp Branson 7845C 4wd with a cab for $40k new in 2019 and love it. It’s the last of the Tier 3 Cummins designed engines. Does everything I need it to do.

L1A1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Do look at the Yanmar tractors before you buy. I sold a Kubota B2710 and bought a Yanmar/Cub EX3200 from Elberta hardware in 2007. It has a loader and grapple and is my go to tractor on my 40 acres and also my yard. Also have a Kubota M4900 for mowing and heavier work. Never had a problem with either brand. Check with Rob (owner) at Elberta Hardware - nice people .

Top Bottom