• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vp1979

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My daughter's hands are small and she fatigues easily. Looking for an inexpensive .22 revolver. She's comfortable with .22 , .38 to.380 but she does prefer revolver verses slide. She has a difficult time racking the slide. She's also interested in a katana or other defensive blade.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Uber Lock and Gun had a handful of small cal revolvers when I was there last week. I'd be willing to bet theyll still have a few if you dont find any on the forum.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    there was a katana on the forum somewhere, danged if i can find it now..

edit, found it,;

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Cold Steel has a whole line of inexpensive long knives and swords and exotic machetes. They're high quality and sold super sharp, but cheap enough to go nuts on an oak tree and not feel bad about it. Also, one of the cheapo knife dealers at the last Pensacola show had a 3 foot long 2 handed USMC kbar thing, and even though no Marine has ever done that before ( short of grabbing a WW2 Japs katana, of course) this thing with the two handed leather stacked handle had surprisingly good balance for like only $30-$40

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My daughter's hands are small and she fatigues easily. Looking for an inexpensive .22 revolver. She's comfortable with .22 , .38 to.380 but she does prefer revolver verses slide. She has a difficult time racking the slide. She's also interested in a katana or other defensive blade.

Is she skilled enough to defend herself with only a blade?
    Perhaps not if you request a sidearm for her defense!
    What is her elective? As it appears your selection is not of much consequence. JMHO.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If needed/when needed,she will never be able to reload a 5 or 6 shot revo. It will be over too quickly.
    Buy her a Glock 42. Help her train with it. Load a mag for her. Cycle the slide for her. She has more shots than a revo.
    (Just a semi-serious thought.) ---- SAWMAN

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Could have her try one of those S&W EZ pistols too, if you can find one. Gulf Coast has them pretty frequently. I messed with one a little bit; light finger pressure is enough to easily move the slide.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Fear21 is right. My wife could not rack the slide on a 42 either overhand OR slingshot. But she could easily on a EZ.
    However . . ? . . she setteled on a 32H&R Mag revo. --- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Maybe find one of those 10 shot 22 revolvers, or an 8 shot 38/357

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I think the J frame Airweight 22lr/22mag are 8 shot
    My wife has super tiny hands and still shops for shoes in the children's section. Loves her J Frame and CZ83 in 380, and that's an aluminum framed 13 rounder

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    My wife has super tiny hands and still shops for shoes in the children's section. Loves her J Frame and CZ83 in 380, and that's an aluminum framed 13 rounder
    Same $600 CZ frame and slide is available surplus with a 9mm Makarov barrel for as low $250-$350 (the CZ82), and a 9 Mak is a true 9mm, just a mm shorter case length. It will safely fire and eject a 9mm Luger cartridge, just one at a time because the Luger wont fit in the Mak magazine. Hornady makes Critical Defense polymer HP's in 9mm Makarov.

Vp1979

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A Blade is going to stop an attacker in far less time than a .22 revolver. What is the goal????
    She's skilled with a blade. Has a stun gun. Wants a pistol. She can hit a target with great degree of accuracy she's requested a small revolver though I may have her try the guns mentioned by other posters. She's open to trying other types of guns. Shot her uncle's .22 revolver and really liked it. Appreciate the suggestions.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She's skilled with a blade. Has a stun gun. Wants a pistol. She can hit a target with great degree of accuracy she's requested a small revolver though I may have her try the guns mentioned by other posters. She's open to trying other types of guns. Shot her uncle's .22 revolver and really liked it. Appreciate the suggestions.
    We still haven't addressed the goal. Should she require a pistol that stops as well as a blade, any .22 will come up lacking. Single shot stops with any sidearm have to strike the apple, anything else is a failure.

Top Bottom