• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Not if you owned prior to the ruling. Last day is may 31.
    Last day to register is may 31 but you needed to possess the weapon prior to the January ruling. If you buy a braced pistol today, by the rule, you're a felon now, and the person who sold it to you.
    And when it's registered you can toss a stock on it, per the rule.

But back to talking about paid tax stamps.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Last day to register is may 31 but you needed to possess the weapon prior to the January ruling. If you buy a braced pistol today, by the rule, you're a felon now, and the person who sold it to you.
    And when it's registered you can toss a stock on it, per the rule.

But back to talking about paid tax stamps.
    I still find it ridiculous all the same but I can't risk losing mah dog over a meer 200 dollars to use my God given right

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    All I know is it better be a +2k$ weapon or I don't feel it would be worth it. Want a percieved shorter barrel, get a bullpup. Because when you get bored with it, your stuck with it. $$ plus engraving, paperwork etc...just not worth the squeeze. Ymmv. Now a .22 can that might be worth the cost and hassle.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    All I know is it better be a +2k$ weapon or I don't feel it would be worth it. Want a percieved shorter barrel, get a bullpup. Because when you get bored with it, your stuck with it. $$ plus engraving, paperwork etc...just not worth the squeeze. Ymmv. Now a .22 can that might be worth the cost and hassle.
    Thanks for the heads up i didn't know you had to engrave the sbr once you have everything filled out but I already have a bullpup and I plan to get a suppressor for the mp5

Attachments

• 20230412_151545.jpg
      20230412_151545.jpg
      427.5 KB · Views: 46

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I think this is the best location for engraving on an mp5. It's completely visible to the people it needs to be and doesn't look out of place if you're showing it off.
    .003 deep I believe is the rule. You just can't do it with an engraving tool yourself. Lol.
    Screenshot_20230429-082433.png

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What does the cost of the weapon have to play a role and a billpup is a completely different weapon.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What does the cost of the weapon have to play a role and a billpup is a completely different weapon.
    I believe he's saying that in his opinion it's not worth the hassle and money to sbr a cheap gun and I respect his opinion and sorta agree in a sense but to each there own and as long as there happy that's all that matters

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think this is the best location for engraving on an mp5. It's completely visible to the people it needs to be and doesn't look out of place if you're showing it off.
    .003 deep I believe is the rule. You just can't do it with an engraving tool yourself. Lol. View attachment 221692
    Thanks because I was curious about where the best place to put it was lol

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You're not stuck with it. You can sell NFA items with the normal Form 4 process or sell them in a non NFA configuration.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    You're not stuck with it. You can sell NFA items with the normal Form 4 process or sell them in a non NFA configuration.
    Question bud. How does things work on if let's say I buy someone's that been engraved. How do I go about engraving my info after another person's info is presumably still on it? Do they grind it off and start new? Does the seller need to remove his info first?
    I'm not keen on the idea my info being in the aftermarket loop, but... if mine winds up there it would hopefully mean I'm dead. If that's the case I don't care obviously then obviously lol. But I do wonder how that part of the resale process works typically.

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    So technically speaking, and it’s just one example from my personal experience, my form 1 was e-filed using SilencerShop’s website. They already had my prints from several suppressor purchases, so it was super easy, took about 5 weeks to get the stamp back. They charge $50, plus the $200 stamp and $25 for trust. I put all my stuff on trusts - can’t comment on if it’s the best way but it’s what I felt most comfortable with.

FYI, I did NOT have to engrave anything or submit photos of the firearm to receive my stamp. I sent in the manufacturer’s info and serial number on a SCO15 lower, and that was sufficient for the ATF on that. No hassles, super quick, no questions asked. I may do my MP5K here at some point so I can do the really good stock on it, but I’m waiting to commit to that until after I see how the legal cases against the pistol brace rule all shake out.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    So technically speaking, and it’s just one example from my personal experience, my form 1 was e-filed using SilencerShop’s website. They already had my prints from several suppressor purchases, so it was super easy, took about 5 weeks to get the stamp back. They charge $50, plus the $200 stamp and $25 for trust. I put all my stuff on trusts - can’t comment on if it’s the best way but it’s what I felt most comfortable with.

FYI, I did NOT have to engrave anything or submit photos of the firearm to receive my stamp. I sent in the manufacturer’s info and serial number on a SCO15 lower, and that was sufficient for the ATF on that. No hassles, super quick, no questions asked. I may do my MP5K here at some point so I can do the really good stock on it, but I’m waiting to commit to that until after I see how the legal cases against the pistol brace rule all shake out.
    A real, paid tax stamp SBR must be engraved. Strange

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Traditional Form 1 requires you to engrave the firearm. NFA handbook CH 6 and 7 cover the requirements. If you have an approved Form 1 and the firearm isn't engraved with your information, you are not in compliance.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Why would they approve a tax stamp on something if it wasn’t up to standard? Doesn’t seem a legitimate way to do that.
    They're assuming you did what you were supposed to.

Would you rather you had to submit a photo with the form 1 and/or have it inspected before you got your stamp back?

Top Bottom