• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So I'm gonna turn my MP5 into an sbr and I was just trying to get some pointers and have questions about individual vs trust and where to apply for the sbr tax stamp

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So I'm gonna turn my MP5 into an sbr and I was just trying to get some pointers and have questions about individual vs trust and where to apply for the sbr tax stamp
    E-forms are super simple. Biggest challenge could be the fingerprinting. Usually your local PD will do it for free. Otherwise you could pay $50 to use a Silencer shop kiosk.

Here's a link to a vid that walks you through the process.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    City PD in Pensacola doesn't do it for the public anymore and the county is 15 each. You wait in line and they get you when they feel like it is what I hear since COVID hit.

These folks do digitally encrypted prints sent to you in a file so you can send them anywhere. Bruce turned me onto them, I'm going in next week. $50
    May check with someone in your area or make the drive to Pensacola or Navarre.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    E-forms are super simple. Biggest challenge could be the fingerprinting. Usually your local PD will do it for free. Otherwise you could pay $50 to use a Silencer shop kiosk.

Here's a link to a vid that walks you through the process.

Is it best to get the fingerprints before or after you start the paperwork?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Call TNT guns in Foley and ask for Drew. He handled my suppressor stuff recently. Typically he can give you some cards and have you go down the street and pay a security place to do the prints for a small fee for each card. Then return back and he'll sit with you on a PC and do the rest of the process with you on the digital part. He then gives you a packet with the address on it to mail to the ATF. Then you're set. It's "usually" easy like that. But... with all the recent surge in the pistol brace applications he's been out of cards and having to tell folks to use other methods nearby. He may have some again now. It won't hurt to ask tho.
    That's the only other way I know of that's somewhat close to where you are. Other FFLs near you may also do this tho. I know Four Brothers I think had a Silencer shop kiosk at some point. Goldmine may have a method similar too. I've not dealt with those shops tho yet. But yeah call around and each will tell you something different and you'll have to decide which is less hassle I guess

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Call TNT guns in Foley and ask for Drew. He handled my suppressor stuff recently. Typically he can give you some cards and have you go down the street and pay a security place to do the prints for a small fee for each card. Then return back and he'll sit with you on a PC and do the rest of the process with you on the digital part. He then gives you a packet with the address on it to mail to the ATF. Then you're set. It's "usually" easy like that. But... with all the recent surge in the pistol brace applications he's been out of cards and having to tell folks to use other methods nearby. He may have some again now. It won't hurt to ask tho.
    That's the only other way I know of that's somewhat close to where you are. Other FFLs near you may also do this tho. I know Four Brothers I think had a Silencer shop kiosk at some point. Goldmine may have a method similar too. I've not dealt with those shops tho yet. But yeah call around and each will tell you something different and you'll have to decide which is less hassle I guess
    I know three brothers arms does

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Is it best to get the fingerprints before or after you start the paperwork?
    Depending on your availability it's possibly best to do this step first as they must be sent in within 10days*? after submitting the eform. I'd just call your local PD and see what is their policy on public finger printing. ( You'll need two Fingerprint cards ) Some* UPS stores offer digital finger prints too like stage mentioned.This would be helpful for multiple forms down the road.

Just be known, these are like pringles and or tattoo's. You won't stop at one.

Last edited:

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Depending on your availability possibly be best to do this step first as they must be sent in within 10days*? after submitting the eform. I'd just call your local PD and see if they will help you out. Usually it's only done on a Tues/Th from 8-5 is what Foley & Rdale does.. Also Rdale will do it for $25 for non residents. You need two finger print cards completed**

Some* UPS stores offer digital finger prints like stage mentioned. Never been through that process but there is a place where that file can be uploaded on eforms. This would be helpful for multiple forms down the road. I know this sounds daunting, but I completed my last form1 in 20 min, then had my CLEO notice and fingerprints completed and mailed the next morning in about an hour. It's not difficult. Worst case go up to Outpost and pay Silencer shop $50 to use their kiosk that does finger printing.

Just be known, these are like pringles and or tattoo's. You won't stop at one.
    Thanks for the info and I've seen some say go individual and some say go the trust way which 1 would yall recommend?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Myself I went individual. But only because I don't think my daughter is going to keep anything really. They'll likely hawk everything when I'm gone lol. Others who have can tell you more about all that

Gljazz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/products/eft-fingerprint-file-service

If you’re doing eForm1 or 4 just do yourself a favor and do this. It’s an electronic fingerprint file you can submit with your submission with no mailing etc. SS kiosk won’t send you the files. Ended up paying twice. If you need to check locations use printscan.com beforehand. Quite a few ups stores have it. That’s who they network with

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    City PD in Pensacola doesn't do it for the public anymore and the county is 15 each. You wait in line and they get you when they feel like it is what I hear since COVID hit.

These folks do digitally encrypted prints sent to you in a file so you can send them anywhere. Bruce turned me onto them, I'm going in next week. $50
    May check with someone in your area or make the drive to Pensacola or Navarre.
    I’m going to go see them next week.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Myself I went individual. But only because I don't think my daughter is going to keep anything really. They'll likely hawk everything when I'm gone lol. Others who have can tell you more about all that
    Can you pm me your daughters info? I know a couple of items I want to get in line for.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/products/eft-fingerprint-file-service

If you’re doing eForm1 or 4 just do yourself a favor and do this. It’s an electronic fingerprint file you can submit with your submission with no mailing etc. SS kiosk won’t send you the files. Ended up paying twice. If you need to check locations use printscan.com beforehand. Quite a few ups stores have it. That’s who they network with

But - too late for the brace ones or you have to pay the tax.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Can you pm me your daughters info? I know a couple of items I want to get in line for.
    Sure. It's 867-5309!!!! ;-)
    When I go...
    I envision her making a load of guns, and taking the first offer from a guy at a red light, before she even makes it to the pawn store lol. She'll be like SOLD!... gimme that huge chunk of 5$ bills! Then haul ass like she made a killing lol.
    chicks man lol...

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not if you owned prior to the ruling. Last day is may 31.
    The trust has to be filed before the ruling went into effect.

If the trust was not already existing then it will get declined. That might change with a lawsuit but it is still in place.

Gljazz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The trust has to be filed before the ruling went into effect.

If the trust was not already existing then it will get declined. That might change with a lawsuit but it is still in place.
    Did I miss who was talking about a trust? Statement stands, if you’re wanting to file a f1 or f4 having an eft saves you mailing cards….

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Did I miss who was talking about a trust? Statement stands, if you’re wanting to file a f1 or f4 having an eft saves you mailing cards….

The OP was asking about individual or trust. It is too late for a free stamp unless your trust was up. You can still file as an individual.
    9B75A8AC-9D60-449B-9053-FC0246B29373.jpeg

Gljazz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The OP was asking about individual or trust. It is too late for a free stamp unless your trust was up. You can still file as an individual.
    View attachment 221644
    You can eForm1 not amnesty… amnesty has nothing to do with this discussion. OP’s question was about an SBR. As far as I can tell you’re the only one that mentioned the amnesty form 1

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sorry I should've clarified I'm not talking about the amnesty thing as I was wanting to put an actual stock on not a brace as If I recall correctly the amnesty only applies to the pistol brace and I was curious about the individual vs trust and which 1 I should go with

Top Bottom