• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Sweet. I like body cams, and I like the cops to be kitted to handle today's problems with criminals having the same firepower.

PaulT

Expert
    Ditto

Body Cams Most often show Law Enforcement doing a great job.

It also ,imo, keeps them on their best behavior.God Bless Them

God Bless All who are OathKeepers

wildrider666

Master
    With school type/mass shootings, the predominate LE Policies now urge or require the first on Site "to locate, engage and stop the threat". An AR willl equal or exceed types of firearms routinely encountered. There have also been plenty of other types of BG events where LE was outgunned from the start and those got real ugly, real fast. It's suprising that in the U.S., gov bureaucracy hasn't put sufficient tool in the hands of LE when those lessons have been known for decades.

There's multiple justifications for Suppressors. If it was as simplified to purchase and control as a firearm, most people would buy them as is done in some European countries. Since LE can easily get them and the same and more usage justification apply: why not? Is LE going to further castrate the ballistics of the 5.56/.223 using subsonic ammo? That doesn't make much sense IMHO. There's always sound signature of some level, silent; they are not.

Full Auto doesn't bother me either. Yeah, it can dump more firepower fast (yet more often less accurate) and can create increased frequency of reloading which opens oppertunity for the opponent. Outside LE Special Teams, I've never seen coordinated cover fire for reloads/movement but I'm a decade + out of date with current practices/tactics/training that can vary widely.

Carl

Master
    With school type/mass shootings, the predominate LE Policies now urge or require the first on Site "to locate, engage and stop the threat". An AR willl equal or exceed types of firearms routinely encountered. There have also been plenty of other types of BG events where LE was outgunned from the start and those got real ugly, real fast. It's suprising that in the U.S., gov bureaucracy hasn't put sufficient tool in the hands of LE when those lessons have been known for decades.

There's multiple justifications for Suppressors. If it was as simplified to purchase and control as a firearm, most people would buy them as is done in some European countries. Since LE can easily get them and the same and more usage justification apply: why not? Is LE going to further castrate the ballistics of the 5.56/.223 using subsonic ammo? That doesn't make much sense IMHO. There's always sound signature of some level, silent; they are not.

Full Auto doesn't bother me either. Yeah, it can dump more firepower fast (yet more often less accurate) and can create increased frequency of reloading which opens oppertunity for the opponent. Outside LE Special Teams, I've never seen coordinated cover fire for reloads/movement but I'm a decade + out of date with current practices/tactics/training that can vary widely.
    Suppressors definitely make sense! I just wish it were easier for us to have them.

Raven

Master
    I'd much rather see this money spent to get a body cam for every single officer than an AR for them. I think body cams need to be utilized by every officer every call they go on. Not every one of them needs a fully kitted AR. Those cams could save the cops asses as well as tell the truth if they're guilty of wrongdoings.
    Or even just a $10 chest rig pouch for the company cell phone, to be able to record if they want to. Something, anything

Top Bottom