• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got home from the show, to me it was very enjoyable. I always see someone to chew the fat with so it’s worth going. I did buy a scabbard for my Henry Axe that was very reasonable, enjoyed talking to the guy selling Fenix flashlights, if you don’t know about them then check them out. All in all had a good time.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Overall was bit disappointed besides some carbon 38 super ammo for about pre covid ( shits just not cheap ammo)

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always good too walk around and people watch, just not many deals and no big ammo or component sellers

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Never ever got a deal at a gun show, and now after an apocalyptic COVID world I definitely see no need to go, I imagine prices thru the roof !

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I used to love going to the huge gun shows back in the late 80s to early 90s, when I lived near Atlanta. There were many bargains to be had, lots of private sellers, and of course being pre-internet, it was a major venue for obtaining just about everything. I stocked up on so many reloading components that I'm actually still using them today.

Nowadays I find most things at gun shows are offered at retail + prices, but occasional deals can still be found. I still enjoy walking around them but I haven't gone since the start of the china virus thing. The high price of admission is manageable, but still a bit of a turn off.

Reactions: Ron

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Side note hit the Tallahassee show that was yesterday and today after being disappointed by the Bama show yesterday. Needless to say pretty happy. Primers at on average 60 bucks less a brick , got an 8lb jug of 5744 and maybe got a teddy Roosevelt edition model 94 ;)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    James,please keep your eyes pealed for some 225gr + .452" bullets.
    PM or phone me if available. Will come to your house to pick up.
    Much appreciated. ---- SAWMAN

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Last time I went there was the very last one right as the pandemic hit. I thought prices was bad then lol. Picked up a few old 1911 grips and some holsters etc. Never checked this part of the forum yet till today. Didn't know I just missed another show. I usually find out the old fashioned way with the billboards on highways. I'm old fashioned that way I guess lol. I'll stay tuned and try to make the next one for sure. But man do I miss the old days as a kid in Robertsdale when that flea market was booming. It was like a gun show in itself lol. I was just a kid then. If I could go back in time I would. Got my first shotgun there. A JC Penny Savage. Sold it there too. Wished that place was still going like it was. Haven't been there in ages. Seems like everytime the gun show comes due I'm neck deep into a new gun on layaway tho lol. Trying to pay off a pricey new MPX by this next week. So I didn't have the money to stop by anyways. But glad to see so many folks here involved. Now I know that I'll deffo try to visit next one

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Last time I went there was the very last one right as the pandemic hit. I thought prices was bad then lol. Picked up a few old 1911 grips and some holsters etc. Never checked this part of the forum yet till today. Didn't know I just missed another show. I usually find out the old fashioned way with the billboards on highways. I'm old fashioned that way I guess lol. I'll stay tuned and try to make the next one for sure. But man do I miss the old days as a kid in Robertsdale when that flea market was booming. It was like a gun show in itself lol. I was just a kid then. If I could go back in time I would. Got my first shotgun there. A JC Penny Savage. Sold it there too. Wished that place was still going like it was. Haven't been there in ages. Seems like everytime the gun show comes due I'm neck deep into a new gun on layaway tho lol. Trying to pay off a pricey new MPX by this next week. So I didn't have the money to stop by anyways. But glad to see so many folks here involved. Now I know that I'll deffo try to visit next one

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Yeah the internet killed the 1990's era flea markets. Death by slow economic starvation. Pea Ridge Flea Market was a humming every weekend, too, standing room only. Metro's Military there was probably more responsible for my lusting after an adventurous military career than NJROTC

Top Bottom