• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • socalpig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    If you feel like jacking your blood pressure up, try watching “Old Dads” on Netflix. Decent ending, but the wokeness was painful from parts of the movie.

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I gave TV up in 1987 did not own one until my sister brought me one about eight months ago it does not get a lot of use. Mostly cartoons from the forties and fifties on me tv at six am weekdays. I definitely would not pay anything to see what Hollywood is turning out today. And Iam sure the woke crap is costing them look at Dizzie Disney losing billions a year.

atl613

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The old WWII movies. Gangster. Science fiction. Westerns. I miss 'em. The dramas. The movies had a storyline. Hollywood was glamorous. Not all woked-up like it is now.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you're referencing the George Hamilton 1981 Zorro movie either you just looked that up or your movie-fu is strong!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They keep injecting politics needlessly into the movies and it’s ruining the industry.
    Da Kine
    and gayblades,erc.

Politics has been injected into movies for a very long time all over the world.
    Below is considered an all time great international film and it is all politics using some medieval history to make its point.
    A classic film from Russia-USSR ''Alexander Nevsky'' that was preparing the Russians for WWII. Clip: Scene showing the German Teutonic Knights in 1242 that were catholic crusaders going after Orthodox Christian Russians. By the way these same German Knights also attacked Catholic Poles and any pagans that they happened to find along the way.

Some of the scenes from this movie were copied to be used in 'Conan the Barbarian' and other well known movies.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sure does seem like the industry has run out of original ideas. I can't re-read a book, or re-watch a movie, for years 'cause I know what's coming next and that just lessens the experience.

Any trailer that's full of leftist/DEI propaganda is immediately placed in the appropriate category.

Although, I am impressed by what CGI/current technology can produce on the screen. IMO, we're within about 5 years of producing digital characters indicernable from the real thing. Looking forward to that actually.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sure does seem like the industry has run out of original ideas. I can't re-read a book, or re-watch a movie, for years 'cause I know what's coming next and that just lessens the experience.
    I once called a hypnotherapist to see if they could hypnotize me to forget all the movies I had seen so I could watch them all again as if for the first time. They said it couldn't be done because the memories are too strong.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I once called a hypnotherapist to see if they could hypnotize me to forget all the movies I had seen so I could watch them all again as if for the first time. They said it couldn't be done because the memories are too strong.
    Yep, I humor family/friends, but re-watching a movie before about 10 years has passed, but most are just not as entertaining the first. The impact of remakes is also lessened when yoi already know what is going to happen, IMO. In the end, I do like a good movie, but most are just distraction/filler for when there's nothing else to do.

If I never had to see sleepless in seatle, or when harry met sally, I'd be OK... How can someone willfully , and repeatedly, subject themself to that?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Any trailer that's full of leftist/DEI propaganda is immediately placed in the appropriate category.

Although, I am impressed by what CGI/current technology can produce on the screen. IMO, we're within about 5 years of producing digital characters indicernable from the real thing. Looking forward to that actually.
    The thinking is if the first film was good, then make it again because it is sure to sell. There are tons of good stories out there, many of them true that could used for movies.
    And yes, the remakes are never as good as the originals for some reason. One of my favorites is Moby Dick and someone has done a remake of it with Patrick Steward.

Scene from the original Moby Dick

Top Bottom