• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    They keep injecting politics needlessly into the movies and it’s ruining the industry.
    Worse is when entertainers, be it actors, athletes etc, want to use their platform to tell the people, who pay them, how they should think, live or vote when they have no clue what it's like to live in the real world.
    I have an ever growing list that get added to my "book of the dead" and I won't pay them any more attention. Started with Jane Fonda when I was pretty young, Will Smith, Matt Damon, Matthew McConaughey, are a few actors that have found themselves there lately.
    Need to learn to stay in their lane...

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They just need to stay in their lane. If I wanted advice on acting or navigating Hollywood, they would be my go-to people. But, the fact is they are multimillionaires who live in a bubble and have little comprehension of what average life looks like. For them to give political or life advice to the masses is just stupid.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    What really hacks me off is all the remakes of great classic movies. Not only do they remake them, they now shove all the DEI and WOKE crap into them. There are so many great books with new concepts, ideas and story lines that could be made into movies and would be wildly successful, why do they keep re-making movies that were great to begin with? I refuse to go see any movie remake.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They keep injecting politics needlessly into the movies and it’s ruining the industry.
    Politics to some degree have been there from the very beginning such as the classic film:

‘The Birth of a Nation’: When Hollywood Glorified the KKK​

But Hollywood is now on the opposite extreme and neither is the right way to do things.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of the metrics of great writing and great acting is how much the audience becomes invested in the story and characters.

If they have done their job well, then we get invested, watch the movie numerous times, and the idea of that story and those characters becomes even more ingrained.

Anyone should be able to understand that to take an old and beloved movie and characters and start changing they way they look, act, and develop is going to anger the fans. It doesn’t mean the fans are racist, sexist, or phobic, it means we are invested in the story as told. Kudos to the original writers and actors for doing such a great job.

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm old enough now that I watch anything I like regardless of the politics of the studio and stars. I don't think they are going to change my views or make me better, there are a few stars I dislike like [limp kneesom] and some of the big stars but if its a good flick I watch it and curse the bastard or basturdess

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I find most nowdays movies and tv programming insulting to my intelligence add WOKE to the mix and i get mad. I sometimes prefer the old movies even with their corny theme or a good syfy monster movie .
    I fell back in love with the old kung fu movies. Guess I got used to watching "puppets" (FJB) talk.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Watching Emperor Of The North right now. The wife and I watch a lot of old movies that we stream on YouTube

sfiturbo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Same for me with the old situation comedies and suspense movies and tv shows from the 50’s and 60’s that had characters that entertained with no agenda to push.

DevilDog

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    This is why I spend most of my TV time on the channels playing older programming. Andy Griffith, Happy Days, Gomer Pyle, etc... a better time for sure. And many movies I watch today are in black and white or early color. Don't get me wrong, there are some modern producers and directors that I jump to see their movies but too many today are CGI and poor writing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom