• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I agree. I’m on several other forums and only had members go back on deal’s a couple times combined in the last 15 yrs +. I’ve had it happen on this forum more than the others combined in the last couple years.

ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately as well. One of the classic ways to disrupt a group or organization that is built on common interests, beliefs or goals is from within. Infiltration and acting "like one of us". Slowly act in ways that erode trust among members of that group. Infiltrate an additional small number of cohorts. Embark on a FUD campaign ( Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) which in our particular case plays to our distrust of certain agencies, certain political groups, certain organizations whose beliefs and goals are antithetical to our own. Our trust in each other is indeed beginning to be slowly diminished as the infiltrators ghost us on offers to buy or sell, as they no show on deals, change the conditions of the transactions when we show up...you get the gist of it. Slowly we begin to anticipate the worst while hoping for the best. Slowly we don't come here as often or tell others it's a good place to be. Slowly it withers away. I'm not sure what the answer to this is though I'm sure there are others on here who may. My personal plan is to answer every question, respond to every message, and do my best to show up on time ready to complete the deal as agreed upon. I also plan to be more active on the review board for both positive and negative reviews. We need to let each other know every single time we have a good transaction. That person builds a history we can rely on. It is imperative to post here every single time we have a poor interaction. The subject of the poor review can get defensive, make excuses or strive to improve their performance and remain a trusted member...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The members here are a reflection of today’s society. They aren’t targeting this forum, the problem is much larger than just here. Lots of problems within the family, lots of problems mentally. Lots of emotion running high while drunk posting only to wake up with regrets the next day. An “I will take it” is almost cringe worthy.

socalpig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Once Armslist became a pay to play, it drove numbers heavily to the forum. There have been some downright scammers that have popped up, but they seem to be handled quickly. I’m more concerned about some folks listing “forbidden” items which draws unwanted attention to the forum. The last thing this place needs is further oversight.

Top Bottom