Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Range time

Leebo180

Expert
Reaction score
I still shoot, and I still take my kids. What got me was adding another caliber and teaching my daughter to shoot and reload. We went from 7k primers to now 1500 primers. Went from the 5 of us going to the range and shooting 500-700 rounds a weekend to going once a month and shooting maybe 350 or so. Only taking one magazine for the autoloaders helped, and shooting a lot more from the revolvers to slow things down. Got my youngest a .22 and he's been chewing through ammo as well. Still got a couple thousand .22lr, but wondering when I'll be able to get more for a reasonable price, especially with my daughter staying college in the fall and expenses going up with that.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I have some primers, and 22lr and the ability to order 22 still pretty reasonable.

fv22

Marksman
Reaction score
Over the last few years I've shot a lot less also. First because my wife got badly sick and we were taking the 5+ hour ride to the hospital in Gainesville every 3 weeks, took lots of time and money over the first 3 years of her illness. Now she's doing good but ammo prices are keeping me away from the range too often. I do have a few thousand rounds of most of the calibers I have but don't want to go through it too quickly.

That being said I got into (or more correctly, back into) airguns a few years ago and shoot plenty with them. Good quality ammo is very cheap and fairly plentiful. One of the great things about them is whenever I have a half hour or more I can go outside and shoot. I also have 2 lower powered models that I can shoot in the house on rainy days. I've been amazed at the accuracy out of a few of my guns. One hole 5 shot groups are common. Maybe I just haven't spent enough on my regular firearms but I don't have anything that comes close to the airguns when It comes to accuracy.

M118LR

Marksman
Reaction score
Over the last few years I've shot a lot less also. First because my wife got badly sick and we were taking the 5+ hour ride to the hospital in Gainesville every 3 weeks, took lots of time and money over the first 3 years of her illness. Now she's doing good but ammo prices are keeping me away from the range too often. I do have a few thousand rounds of most of the calibers I have but don't want to go through it too quickly.

That being said I got into (or more correctly, back into) airguns a few years ago and shoot plenty with them. Good quality ammo is very cheap and fairly plentiful. One of the great things about them is whenever I have a half hour or more I can go outside and shoot. I also have 2 lower powered models that I can shoot in the house on rainy days. I've been amazed at the accuracy out of a few of my guns. One hole 5 shot groups are common. Maybe I just haven't spent enough on my regular firearms but I don't have anything that comes close to the airguns when It comes to accuracy.

My range time has also suffered since my spouse has become disabled. Yet I can currently find able stocks of Military Caliber Rounds, the New Hunting Rifle in 30-06 alas has become an albatross. 9mm,45 ACP, 223/5.56, & .308/7.62 x51 are all readily available in thousand round lots. YMMV

Leebo180

Expert
Reaction score
My range time has also suffered since my spouse has become disabled. Yet I can currently find able stocks of Military Caliber Rounds, the New Hunting Rifle in 30-06 alas has become an albatross. 9mm,45 ACP, 223/5.56, & .308/7.62 x51 are all readily available in thousand round lots. YMMV

stage20

Master
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
12hrs a day at work sometimes Saturday too. Life gets in the way more than the ammo concern. If I had time to shoot I'd waste it's, so it's good I don't have ample free time. I'd be at the range every other day.

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom