• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Anyone have reloading data for a Quiet, Good Performance round for .300 Blackout?

I would like to get it as quiet as possible since there will be no suppressor.

Thanks

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Best define "good Performance round"
    Good for you not spending $ 800.00(+-) for a CAN.
    I'm sure you know that the sounds when firing any round come from two sources , the the gas that comes from the powder burned coming out the muzzle, and the bullet breaking the sound barrier .
    An example of as about as quiet as a round will get is to fire some Standard Vel. 22 rounds. The bullet will not break the sound barrier and their load , 3 gn ? of powder.

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    bolt action or semi auto? Approximately 9 grains of H110 and a 208-220 grain bullet works well subsonic and will cycle an AR. There's several other options if you're running a bolt action or not worried about cycling.

I've started messing with the Hornady Sub-x bullets recently and CFE Blk, but haven't settled on a load yet

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    I've done good getting quiet .308 and .223. Those were cast lead loads for Bolt Guns.
    I've never done .300BO, and this will be for a 16" AR.
    I just thought someone may have already tackled this same quest with jacketed bullets.
    Good Performance = inside a 6-8" circle at 100 yards and closer.

Thanks.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    3.3gr Bullseye gives me around 1050fps with 108-110 bullets in the Blackout, but certainly not quiet like CCI Quiet 22 ammo. I suppose you could slowly go lower in charge. It will not function a semi auto firearm, but mild recoil.

kwheels

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    110gr cast 30 carbine boolit over 3gr unique gives about 600fps...energy somewhere between a 22 and a 9mm. Im not going to say its quiet without a can, but with one, the pellet gun is louder.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've done good getting quiet .308 and .223. Those were cast lead loads for Bolt Guns.
    I've never done .300BO, and this will be for a 16" AR.
    I just thought someone may have already tackled this same quest with jacketed bullets.
    Good Performance = inside a 6-8" circle at 100 yards and closer.

Thanks.
    Hopefully someday we will freely be able to get cans. Until then I'm loading supers, but good luck in your quest.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Hopefully someday we will freely be able to get cans. Until then I'm loading supers, but good luck in your quest.
    Craziest thing is that there really is no precedent for regulating suppressors the way they do, suppressors aren't firearms and it makes no sense to charge a $200 tax plus make citizens wait an unrealistic amount of time when I can buy a handgun or rifle and take it home the same day. The only crime I would expect to happen with suppressors is poaching and there's plenty of great ways to catch poachers instead of just listening for gunshots. Suppressors should be just like muzzle brakes and flash hiders. Hell suppressors should be mandated just like mufflers on cars.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Craziest thing is that there really is no precedent for regulating suppressors the way they do, suppressors aren't firearms and it makes no sense to charge a $200 tax plus make citizens wait an unrealistic amount of time when I can buy a handgun or rifle and take it home the same day. The only crime I would expect to happen with suppressors is poaching and there's plenty of great ways to catch poachers instead of just listening for gunshots. Suppressors should be just like muzzle brakes and flash hiders. Hell suppressors should be mandated just like mufflers on cars.
    Yeah, I know there are a lot of guys who don't care and NFA their firearms, but I'll be damned if I'm going on a list for anything.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I use 10.2 of A1680 for mine with 220gr. SMK. In my 16" the bullet hitting the target was louder than anything on the gun suppressed. Same load in a 10" is louder than a .22 and only running 958fps

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    @rossi no sir...same can...the 10" is pistol length gas
    it is probably as loud as a .22LR in reality. A good pop.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Suppressors are Cash and Carry in the UK. If you don't use one, you are considered unneighborly, and disrespectful to the Peace and Quiet of others.
    Sort of like running open headers, especially come hunting season and I guess it's like your neighbor warming up his big V8 with open pipes in the driveway at 6am.

Top Bottom