• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darek

Shooter
    Question about selling guns at gun show.

I have a New in Box Mossberg 715t and Winchester 9422 lever action rifle that I am wanting to sale.

There is a show in Robertsdale this weekend and wondering what people are doing to sell there guns
    outside the show; I have not been to a gun show in a few years and do not know what is OK to do.
    Like can you have a sign on your back with what you have to sell with your cell number?

thanks for any guidance

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Just walk around with it on your shoulder, if someone is interested they will approach you

Gravity3694

Expert
    A lot of people makes tall signs and attach them to a cleaning rod which they then put down the barrel. It makes a decent billboard.

wildrider666

Master
    Signs are common. Some places bitch if you have a gun for sale and stop/lean on a wall. They call it "squatting" because you didn't rent a table and are occupying the same piece of floor. Does not matter to them if they advertise buy-sell-trade and that's what you bought a ticket to do.

A rifle sling of some type is a must.

You can list more then one gun on the sign (do both sides). Leave all the accessories in your vehicle until you make a deal.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Signs are common. A rifle sling of some type is a must. (do both sides). Leave all the accessories in your vehicle until you make a deal.

A lot of people makes tall signs and attach them to a cleaning rod which they then put down the barrel. It makes a decent billboard.

x2. Also be sure to keep your DL with you as a dealer might buy your rifle/pistol. I'll use bailing twine or some rope as a sling if you don't have one or would like to keep your own. You will want to sell inside, so buy a ticket.

b747fp

Master
    I do have a concern though. If you are a FL resident (just assuming based on your location in your profile), can he still sell across state lines. I know you can buy a long gun across state lines, but I thought that was only from an FFL. Thought private party sales had to be in the same state.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong

911parrot

Expert
    I don't agree with all the laws but I follow them. I don't want to give the Gob'met any reason to take my rights way!

Welldoya

Master
    I do have a concern though. If you are a FL resident (just assuming based on your location in your profile), can he still sell across state lines. I know you can buy a long gun across state lines, but I thought that was only from an FFL. Thought private party sales had to be in the same state.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong

You are correct and I sent him a PM as soon as he posted this informing him of the law. That's why I never go to gunshows in Alabama. No point in it.

flyandscuba

Master
    Consider going to the Panama City gun show this weekend instead -- you won't have to deal with the out-of state issues... That's why I'm going east instead of west this weekend!

Sixgun

Marksman
    That's why I never go to gunshows in Alabama. No point in it.

Keep in mind there are a lot of dealers at a gun show, certainly someone will do a transfer for you if the buyer isn't a dealer. Last show I went to a dealer bought the one of my back.

dirtyharry

Marksman
    i wear a backback at gun shows when i am selling. that way i can carry ammo, cases, accessories, or another gun. it has to be checked at the door.

Top Bottom