Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not needed when using loaded 12g shells....or get spendy with 10g
    20 rounds at once is devastating. And might be a ...well you know

dsenter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a duece and a half for sale in Milton on the corner of 90 and 87 across from burger king

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want to know where everyone is planning to go... When things go bad -- it will be bad everywhere. The place I wouldn't want to be is larger metropolitan areas like Atlanta with plenty of savages in residence used to government handouts. When they dry up the riots will begin. Garcon Point looks like paradise compared to that! I've got enough land for a large garden and some chickens, a running water source (creek), and a fresh water well. Seafood can be obtained within walking distance (the bay). What I need to do is invest in solar or wind power to supplement my LP gas and gasoline generator capability. I've got the weapons and ammo covered -- non-perishable food is on the current "buy" list. Anyone have a source for claymore mines?? :wink:

Me and you should get together and make a plan. I also live in that area. I live on the South end of the Garcon bridge . I have an acre that I have a garden and chickens on. I need to get my well drilled but I have the bay for marine life and I too have the weapons and ammo covered but also need to get some solar panels just need the funds to buy em. My neighbor is a solar guru and he has a ton of panel in his back yard but they need all the regulaters and other parts they need to work. Although I don't think Gulf Breeze would be as bad as say the West side of town, I have a house we just bought on the very top of a mountain in NC on 8 acres that is very well defendable and has the water, and wildlife to support my family . All my neighbors up there are almost off the grid already and I don't think anyone could take the mountain from all of us. I just got back from up there and damn! It's so freaking nice up there. 70 degrees in the day and 55 at night . No need for an AC, and the water comes from 800' straight down the mountain and is not only cold as shit, but I drink it right out of the tap. When I got back here Tuesday I thought I was gonna die from the heat and humidity. Ready to go back now. As another bonus, NC is working on getting rid of income taxes and using a consumtion tax so I may make that my home and this my second if that passes, lol

Last edited:

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Before Obama started cracking down on civilian contractors, I used to work for USACE over in Vicksburg. We had this bad ass 70's suburban with a humvie (diesel) engine, and instead of wheels it had individual tracks( like tanks) plus it was carbs so emp proof?

Regret not taking pics, was fun as hell tearing up mud. You couldn't get it stuck

So you could do something along those lines.
    Or if you wanna trade your lambo in, you could just grab an MRAP or JLTV. They have alotta brains but I'm sure they have shields.

Attachments

• IMG_104659054802179.jpeg
      IMG_104659054802179.jpeg
      56 KB · Views: 258

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New Romanian Rescue Truck Ready To Roll

I found the one I want! http://ghe-o.bgsmotorsport.ro/home.html

Ghe-o-1.jpg

ghe-cat-660.jpg

ghe-water-660.jpg

ghe-in-660.jpg

The Ghe-O Rescue, which is a vessel that can carry up to 11 full sized adults through mud, snow, water and just about anything that is in their way. The gas engines that accompany it will be available in the 340- to 500-bhp range while diesels are in the 218- to 304-bhp range. You can also equip the Rescue with a range of job-specific accessories, and everything sounds so good, that we are looking forward to official pricing information which has yet to be divulged.
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/10/ghe-o-rescue-makes-hummer-look-pale-in-comparison/

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/10/15/romanian-rescue-truck-ready-to-rollover-anything/

This thing makes a Hummer look like a VW Bug.

Attachments

• Ghe-o-1.jpg
      Ghe-o-1.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 407
    • ghe-cat-660.jpg
      ghe-cat-660.jpg
      45.3 KB · Views: 404
    • ghe-water-660.jpg
      ghe-water-660.jpg
      42.8 KB · Views: 402
    • ghe-in-660.jpg
      ghe-in-660.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 448
    • ghe-hummer-660.jpg
      ghe-hummer-660.jpg
      63.7 KB · Views: 360
    Last edited:

Flguy32514

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know I'm bringing up an old thread. but I had talked about this with some buddies before. I would try to find a 4x4 (or6x6) old fire truck or ambulance. Plenty of storage compartments. and plenty of seating. and on a fire truck, that internal water tank may come in handy.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I know I'm bringing up an old thread. but I had talked about this with some buddies before. I would try to find a 4x4 (or6x6) old fire truck or ambulance. Plenty of storage compartments. and plenty of seating. and on a fire truck, that internal water tank may come in handy.

Too fuel thirsty and too heavy. Find an old diesel land cruiser.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The last time I talked to an acquaintance up in Birmingham he had one of these nearly restored.

1941 Dodge 4X4 military ambulance

id_wc9_full.jpg

Attachments

• id_wc9_full.jpg
      id_wc9_full.jpg
      30.5 KB · Views: 357
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally got to get some work done on mine. Took most of the stuff attached to the floor out so I can fix some small rust spots and then I am doing a DIY rhinolining inside. Just replaced the military pintle hook on the rear with a combo 2" ball/pintle hitch. Then minor body work and paint if I can find somewhere I can paint it. My wife doesn't want me to build an outdoor paint booth again like I did for the last M1009 CUCV in the driveway....lol.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Thought of you guys and this thread when I saw this on the base MWR "Lemon Lot":
    20140303_160016.jpg

For a little scratch, it COULD be yours!
    20140303_155943.jpg

Attachments

• 20140303_160016.jpg
      20140303_160016.jpg
      177.2 KB · Views: 285
    • 20140303_155943.jpg
      20140303_155943.jpg
      174.2 KB · Views: 270

Latest posts

Top Bottom