• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BobbyL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Last night was a great New Years celebration with my wife and kids safe at home with fireworks around the world on TV. Soon after mid night we go to bed. At around 230 am my phone rang with the worse news that has crushed my wife and inlaws. My little brother inlaw was in a terrible motor cycle crash. Right after they gave us that news my inlaws hit us with the news, that they are being evicted off the land they have lived on for the past 25 years due to the new owners want to put new houses up which they can not afford. They had all their belongings packed and was going to not tell anyone until they found a new home. They live in Tampa and we all live here in walton county ( me, my wife, kids and my brother inlaw). Now they are headed to my home and will most likely have to bring my brother inlaw home with us as well in a few weeks after he gets out of the hospital. Back to him, he was in a terrible motorcycle accident around 830 pm. He hit another vehicle at a high rate of speed. His entire right side of his body is broken. His fever is broken, all ribs on right side, lungs are heavily bruised, a couple ribs on his left side is are broken, his clavicle is broken and had the arteries to his right arm pinched (added stints to open it back up) broken forearm, broken wrist and hand. He just came out of surgery after 8.5 hours. They had to put rods, plates, screws and pins in basically the entire right side of his body. Mom and dad are on their way from Tampa to be with him. They are 66 years old and broken. Please pray for our family. He is only 23 years old. I brought him here with us at 16 and taught him my trade of work. He is a hard working young man that just started his life a few short years ago. He works hard every day. All he has is his parents me and my wife and kids. He is very loved by 6 neices and nephews. Both me and my wife will most likely have to miss alot of work and and dedicate alot of our time to help him through his long road of recovery. It's extremely hard to see my wife and family be so heart broken during this. We are expected to be in icu for the next several days and a hospital stay of a minimum 3 weeks. All the prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gcgf community

BobbyL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thank yall so much. Mom and dad just made here about an hour ago. They are 66 years old and heavily broken over this. Keep the prayers coming. They are working. We should know more later tonight or by morning as far as plan for treatment.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I pray for a speedy recovery and for the family too. Hopefully since he’s young he will heal up and be strong once again in the days ahead.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Last night was a great New Years celebration with my wife and kids safe at home with fireworks around the world on TV. Soon after mid night we go to bed. At around 230 am my phone rang with the worse news that has crushed my wife and inlaws. My little brother inlaw was in a terrible motor cycle crash. Right after they gave us that news my inlaws hit us with the news, that they are being evicted off the land they have lived on for the past 25 years due to the new owners want to put new houses up which they can not afford. They had all their belongings packed and was going to not tell anyone until they found a new home. They live in Tampa and we all live here in walton county ( me, my wife, kids and my brother inlaw). Now they are headed to my home and will most likely have to bring my brother inlaw home with us as well in a few weeks after he gets out of the hospital. Back to him, he was in a terrible motorcycle accident around 830 pm. He hit another vehicle at a high rate of speed. His entire right side of his body is broken. His fever is broken, all ribs on right side, lungs are heavily bruised, a couple ribs on his left side is are broken, his clavicle is broken and had the arteries to his right arm pinched (added stints to open it back up) broken forearm, broken wrist and hand. He just came out of surgery after 8.5 hours. They had to put rods, plates, screws and pins in basically the entire right side of his body. Mom and dad are on their way from Tampa to be with him. They are 66 years old and broken. Please pray for our family. He is only 23 years old. I brought him here with us at 16 and taught him my trade of work. He is a hard working young man that just started his life a few short years ago. He works hard every day. All he has is his parents me and my wife and kids. He is very loved by 6 neices and nephews. Both me and my wife will most likely have to miss alot of work and and dedicate alot of our time to help him through his long road of recovery. It's extremely hard to see my wife and family be so heart broken during this. We are expected to be in icu for the next several days and a hospital stay of a minimum 3 weeks. All the prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gcgf community
    That is terrible news for your family . Prayers coming your way . Hang in there . It will be tough , but always try to find something positive everyday . Is a Go Fund account possible for your family ? God bless .

BobbyL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    First want to say thank you to everyone. The prayers are working. It's really humbling to see how many people truly care for others in today's times. There are days where I feel like giving up on the world. But things like this where people show true kindness and love remind me not everyone is lost and there is still hope. I honestly didn't expect anyone to reach out to us. I just needed to vent somehow and not let my family see me broken as I am trying my best to be their rock and hold them up and together. You guys are awesome. I do want to give an update on Pharis. I apologize I haven't shared since the post for anyone that has wondered. All surgeries went well. He has a rod and plate in his right feamer, plates in his right forearme, all of his fingers on the right hand are pinned, the artery to his arm is open and working good, they were able to reattach his pinky and save it. Today they removed the breathing machine and he woke up. He was able to talk a little. He is on liquids only. We were able to get him to drink and eat a little soup. He is in probably the most unbelievable pain but is dealing with it better than I ever could. He can't move his arms right now. They did an mri of his right arm before we came home for the night to see about the nerves and any other possible damage. Hopefully we will get the results tomorrow. He doesn't remember much but he is also very medicated. He is also in good spirits for the circumstances. Update for mom and dad's situation on a home. They were able to reach out to the people or company they rented a house from in alabama and cancel their lease. Unfortunately the people are only going to refund $1000 of the $2300 they gave them. As a business owner I do understand the logic of time spent doing the paperwork, getting the house ready, taking the listing down and now having to relist it. But I don't see that costing $1300. That's just my opinion and I do understand they don't have to refund any of it. I am thankful they are getting the $1000. After paying their debts in Tampa before they left they really didn't have much left. We know that everything is going to work out and my father inlaw is a man with alot of pride. I had to force him to come to my home and stay with us. It was damn near a fight to make him take mine and my wife's room and us crash in the living room. He doesn't ask for help. Je didn't even tell us they were forced feom their home and leaving state. We had to find out right after we were told to get to the er for my brother. We are doing everything we can as a family to get a plan, find them a new home here that is big enough to bring their son my brother home to so he can be cared for and recover. If anyone here knows of a place or knows someone that can lead us to a place to rent. We have the money to to get them a place. All they need is 2 or 3 bedrooms. Preferably in walton or okaloosa County. We all know how hard it is just to find a place that's for rent around here. Pharis has a long road of recovery and no insurance. We are working on that part. There has been a go fund me page set up for him. Even if you can't donate please continue to pray and please share it. Me and my wife don't have social media but I know there are folks here that do. Please please share it. He is going ro need alot after the hospital stay. I know this post is very long and I apologize. I will continue to update here and there will be updates on the go fund me page. Thank everyone of you. Here is the go fund me link. https://gofund.me/2f6f8b2a

Top Bottom