• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It just goes to show you... all of these gun toting, paranoid, tin foil hat, wacko, anti government, crazies, are actually decent heart felt people.
    I'm proud to be a freshman member here. (.22 LR I believe)
    Glad to see she is improving, Sean. Please keep everyone posted.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome!!! She's got a lot of people behind her... (Hey-o!) :wink:

Yes she does!:love:

If I hadn't been scared to death she would have been a blast to watch. Her true nature came out when she was knocked for a loop and guess what?! She's the same "confused" as she is any other time. She'd be laying there in bed, half asleep and the aid would come in with J's meals and say "Are you hungry?". My wife would open her eyes, look at the aid, say "No honey, I'm fine, but I'll make you something" and struggle to get out of bed. That's just her. She can be dead asleep, one of the kids come by and she'll be whipping up a feast in 3 minutes. Always the care giver, not the recipient. She's just wired to make those around her comfortable. She doesn't do being waited on very well.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She is just about the sweetest woman I've ever met. I read your post to Kat, and she just grinned ear to ear and nodded.. She would have agreed verbally but her mouth was full of Happy Meal!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She is just about the sweetest woman I've ever met. I read your post to Kat, and she just grinned ear to ear and nodded.. She would have agreed verbally but her mouth was full of Happy Meal!

Tell Kat that reading this reminds me to send you my "Rules for Dating My Daughter" guide. She's not gonna like it but you'll agree with them.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's really is great news, I'm elated she's doing so much better. LMK if there's anything I can do to help.

Rick

Yeah there is Rick. While I'm gone you can come over here and plow up the garden, finish covering my Marauder, get the yard mowed and clean my AK. .......................:high5:

j/k I think everything is gonna be fine and just knowing the offer is out there means the world to me.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure how I missed this thread this whole time Sean, but I am glad that she is still on the road to recovery since our last conversation, also glad that she wasn't pissed at me about the GCGF shirts :D. Make sure you holler on one of your drive-bys through Daphne, you guys have definitely been in my thoughts.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure how I missed this thread this whole time Sean, but I am glad that she is still on the road to recovery since our last conversation, also glad that she wasn't pissed at me about the GCGF shirts :D. Make sure you holler on one of your drive-bys through Daphne, you guys have definitely been in my thoughts.

Thanks Ian. Yeah, she started talking about some other T-Shirt deal and I assumed she meant the GCGF deal. I thought "Woman, you really have lost your mind!".LOL. Her full statement was "No, not Ian, I loooovvvee Ian. He's such a sweet young man". :D

I wanted to try to get up with you and John both for a meal while traveling through but not sure it's gonna work. I may be bringing her home sooner than expected. I'll make it over that way soon one way or the other.

If I can take a moment to complain about something that's not really important but truly torques my rear end it's driving East through Mobile on I-10. I can make the trip from my driveway to the NO hospital in 3 hours, give or take a little change. It ALWAYS takes an extra hour coming home. Every time. Doesn't matter what time of day it is, some bozo is gonna pile one in either before the tunnel or on the bridge. Last trip home I was stuck in the tunnel for 30 minutes. Great way to spend the day, in a huge exhaust pipe with no radio. Every time I tell myself that I'm gonna jump off at Gov't, take the Bankhead and cross the bay on the causeway. Every time I decide that things look smooth and I'll be OK "this time". Every time I get stuck.:frusty::frusty:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have plans to reduce the congestion. BUT, it will be screwed up with 3 years of construction. They say they might build a bridge in 20 years or so.

I'm just glad it's my wife and not me that has to deal with that Monday through Friday at rush hours. She leaves work at 4.30 every day and gets home sometime between 5.05 and 6.30.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have plans to reduce the congestion. BUT, it will be screwed up with 3 years of construction. They say they might build a bridge in 20 years or so.

I'm just glad it's my wife and not me that has to deal with that Monday through Friday at rush hours. She leaves work at 4.30 every day and gets home sometime between 5.05 and 6.30.

Nice spread. LOL Boss and I talked about flying back and forth but too much hassle with working his schedule, mine, cars, etc.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK,

Looks like momma will be released Tuesday or Wednesday latest.

The improvement since last Thursday is truly nothing short of miraculous. No way to describe everything. She surprised the therapist yesterday by getting up, manuevering around and getting back in bed unaided. I mean NO help. Speech, thought processes, reasoning100%. The doctors appear amazed. This afternoon the doc came in and said "I'm going to ask you a few quest..........." J interrupted him in mid sentence with "Yeah, I know. My birthday is ---- , today is -----, I'm in NO at Oschsner hospital, I've been here two weeks" on and on and on till she showed not only that she had no confusion but had memorized his testing spiel. All of her vital signs, chemistry number, everything is virtually spot on. So, they're kicking her out of ICU tomorrow and unless something pops up in the meantime she's outta here.

We had planned on having her stay at our son's house for a couple of weeks since his place is single story and no one thought she would be able to negotiate stairs for a while. The therapist now feels that if she wants to try it she can and in fact may be good for her.

I am completely convinced that she is where she is due to the thoughts and prayers of everyone here and that will NEVER change.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys! I owe each and every one of you.

Now, if we can just clear out of NO with me carrying the same number of rounds as I rolled into town with I'll call the whole thing a success.
    Stories on that later. No drama but a couple of kinda tense moments.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wondered where you've been. Maybe I've missed some posts somewhere.

You'll be happy to learn that after things settle down I'll probably be getting momma a wiener of her very own to do with as she pleases.:smokin:

Top Bottom