• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My favorite dog ever! I've had two Airedales with the last one passing away in 1996. After Tory died my wife took over the dog selection and we've had smaller dogs. The airedales were powerful and somewhat intimidating, but in lighter situations they were absolute clowns and loyal as the day is long.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My favorite dog ever! I've had two Airedales with the last one passing away in 1996. After Tory died my wife took over the dog selection and we've had smaller dogs. The airedales were powerful and somewhat intimidating, but in lighter situations they were absolute clowns and loyal as the day is long.
    There used to be 100 lbs Oorang Airedale and there are still people that breed them that big.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There used to be 100 lbs Oorang Airedale and there are still people that breed them that big.
    My first one, a male, came from Tennessee and weighed about 85 lbs, far larger than the AKC standard. He chose my wife (at the time) as his person and would have defended her to the death I believe. The second one was a female I got in Baldwin County, AL. She was also a mutant, weighed 78 lbs in her prime. Both had great personalities and really were just oversized little terriers.....with very large teeth.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first one, a male, came from Tennessee and weighed about 85 lbs, far larger than the AKC standard. He chose my wife (at the time) as his person and would have defended her to the death I believe. The second one was a female I got in Baldwin County, AL. She was also a mutant, weighed 78 lbs in her prime. Both had great personalities and really were just oversized little terriers.....with very large teeth.
    Some terriers can have the biggest teeth and many of them are head bitters.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yep, you gotta' watch females close. They will downsize something in a heartbeat.
    Honestly it took about four years before I even felt like having another dog. Then my wife called one day and said she was bringing home a puppy. She showed up with a little solid white Shih-tzu we named Karma, A few months later we added a Maltese named Dixie. Karma lived to be 13 plus and Dixie was almost 17 when she passed. Now we have a Bichon Frise (sp) and two little rat-like mixed breeds. They sure keep things active around here!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly it took about four years before I even felt like having another dog. Then my wife called one day and said she was bringing home a puppy. She showed up with a little solid white Shih-tzu we named Karma, A few months later we added a Maltese named Dixie. Karma lived to be 13 plus and Dixie was almost 17 when she passed. Now we have a Bichon Frise (sp) and two little rat-like mixed breeds. They sure keep things active around here!
    Some of the little dogs especially the terriers are not afraid of anything and with coyotes around they can get into trouble. There are also bob cat and aggressive coons. Some of the boldest are the french bulldogs that are a bulldog x terrier crossing

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

can't think of a day in my life (except Army time) that I didn't have a (or sometimes many) dog

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A pet and a loving,careing pet owner is a match made in heaven.
    For me it is cats. It is hard for me to see a rescue cat and walk on by.
    I actually quit going to Pet Smart,Pet Land,etc because of their cages of rescue cats/kittens.
    I look at the feeling that I have for cats as a way of God getting back at me. Or in the least,of him telling me "see,I told you so". Something that comes with advanced age also,IMO. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pennsylvania Turns To Man's Best Friend To Sniff Out Spotted Lanternfly Infestation

They exact a huge toll on agriculture. The insects feed off 70 plant species, including fruit trees and grapevines, and they could cost Pennsylvania $324 million per year in lost crops and 2,800 agricultural jobs if left unchecked.

Squashing the adults won't solve the problem, however. Their eggs are odorless to humans and hard to find, tucked into wheel wells, tree trunks, pots and crates.

The eggs need to be destroyed and dogs can be used to find them

1607703640561.png

1607703797466.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was posted by a fellow that lives nearby in Alabama
    I thought I'd posted this on here before but a few months back we had to go do recovery duty on a deer for a friend of mine. My blood trail dog wouldn't take the track [about 3 hours old] because there was no blood. But the ole house pet fat butt ,who was just along for the ride, went right on in a tracked this little spike over 200 yards. We found her by intermittently calling her to us and sending her back in until she led us right to the deer. She is by far one of the most versatile, most manageable dogs I've ever owned. She helps herd the cattle and horses, kills varmints and wont allow strangers in the yard unless I tell her it's ok. We were fortunate to get her and I hope to own her descendants for years to come.
    1609949062837.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bulldog fight representation (′′ Argos ′′ Oct 1989)
    1610208821617.png

Modern day bulldog
    Ginger at 5.5 yrs.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Said to be a WWII. I can just imagine my stubborn dogs being fitted with those masks.
    1611324528650.png

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom