• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Sometimes, I think that I am getting close to becoming as much of an Old Fart as Sean. There are too many things that bother me about people, government, commercials, automobiles, and a few others. The biggest issues I have are with stupidity, idiocy, ignorance, complacency, poorly educated, no common sense, disrespect (of many things), and a few others. I do not let these things dictate my life or behavior (for the most part), but they are very annoying. What amazes me is the amount of adults my age or older that have not a lick of sense or decency. Many of you guys that were raised in the '40s, '50s, and '60s (like me) can most likely relate.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    riding behind a left ln hog from downtown Pensacola to Molino because the moron is going to turn left @ Flomaton is my worst one...

try to get around them on the right ,then they speed up so fast that Richard petty with a rocket up his ass couldn't catch them...

right to ride, left to pass..not taught

Viking1204

Master
    Left to pass should be stressed in driver's ed and be a ticket handed out more often. Why have signs that say Slower Traffic Keep Right if they aren't going to enforce it?

JBryan314

Master
    People who based their political ideology on something idiotic. If you're a liberal, then please be able to explain why. Same for conservative and everything else. Coworker says he wants to vote for Bernie Sanders because he "seems to be the nicest guy that's running."

Pisses me off that people like hat get to help choose something so important.

Viking1204

Master
    Because he seems like a nice guy, wow! Honestly I think that's how we got the current dipshit in office, he knows how to talk to the public and brainwashed all his voters into thinking he was a nice guy. I pray that doesn't happen again!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Because he seems like a nice guy, wow! Honestly I think that's how we got the current dipshit in office, he knows how to talk to the public and brainwashed all his voters into thinking he was a nice guy. I pray that doesn't happen again!

nice guy my butt..

obumba was elected because he was black...period....

Kanaloa

Master
    I love it when people get in the far left lane of I10 and camp out below the speed limit. And then a long line of traffic forms behind them, because they are running at the same speed as the person in the right lane. Slower traffic keep right was how I was taught (and the law), and common courtesy. If someone wants to pass me,I get over, I'm not going to be the hard head that causes a road rage incident. Those people that camp remind me of liberals....they just want to force their opinion on someone else. Or maybe just incompetent drivers. I don't know. Not moving over or keeping in the far right lane is a hefty fine in some European countries. They consider that a major safety hazard. I received a huge fine several years ago for driving in the middle of 3 lanes....with no other cars in sight.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Take the hat off while eating
    Those who do not use turn signals
    Those that do use turn signals and expect me to slam my brakes on when they cut in front of me - they believe turn signals grant the right of way

60 y.o. now so the list is getting long of things that are peeves of mine

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    People who use a merge lane onto the interstate and slam on the brakes at the beginning of the lane if there is a car in sight. People apparently don't understand the merge lane is to equal your speed to traffic and merge onto the interstate. Not as a damn parking lot. South 29 to east I10 is the worst for this. And people that tailgate for more than a 1/4 mile, I love when It happens and Im headed home from work I do my best to make them late wherever their headed, the jeep gets better mileage at 25mph anyhow.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I hate it that my cruise control will not engage below 30.

Seanpcola

Sometimes, I think that I am getting close to becoming as much of an Old Fart as Sean. There are too many things that bother me about people, government, commercials, automobiles, and a few others. The biggest issues I have are with stupidity, idiocy, ignorance, complacency, poorly educated, no common sense, disrespect (of many things), and a few others. I do not let these things dictate my life or behavior (for the most part), but they are very annoying. What amazes me is the amount of adults my age or older that have not a lick of sense or decency. Many of you guys that were raised in the '40s, '50s, and '60s (like me) can most likely relate.

Yep James, there's a LOT of crap that bugs me. What I'm noticing as I get older, in regards to politics, education level and common sense, is that I don't get so much mad anymore as I do sad and disappointed in the human race. Like the thug culture, millenials and such, a complete box of rocks but it's not their fault. Mostly. Influences, lack of influences, break down of family units, disconnect from reality, coddling and evening the playing field down to the lowest common denominator. Kids don't get to be kids, no firm hands, no expansion of the human concious, all lead to people with no practical experiences, no common sense, no sense of value for human lives, no compassion, no concern and no dignity.

shootnstarz

Master
    Left to pass should be stressed in driver's ed and be a ticket handed out more often. Why have signs that say Slower Traffic Keep Right if they aren't going to enforce it?

No money in it, same for failure to yield. Speeders are where the big bucks are so all the other extremely dangerous transgressions go unpunished.

RH

JBryan314

Master
    One peeve of mine is the proliferation of cameras. Cameras everywhere. I understand that they have a purpose sometimes but now I'm just tired of having a camera in my face every time I step outside. Traffic cameras, security cameras, cell phone cameras, dash cameras, news cameras, ATM cameras, laptop cameras, billboard cameras, on and on and on. Wide ass open for any hacker or government agent to look through.

And that's why they're REALLY there. It's not for our safety. They don't give a shit about our safety. If they did, they would t be after our last means of defense.

Last edited:

Kanaloa

Master
    Yep James, there's a LOT of crap that bugs me. What I'm noticing as I get older, in regards to politics, education level and common sense, is that I don't get so much mad anymore as I do sad and disappointed in the human race. Like the thug culture, millenials and such, a complete box of rocks but it's not their fault. Mostly. Influences, lack of influences, break down of family units, disconnect from reality, coddling and evening the playing field down to the lowest common denominator. Kids don't get to be kids, no firm hands, no expansion of the human concious, all lead to people with no practical experiences, no common sense, no sense of value for human lives, no compassion, no concern and no dignity.

You got that right - if your family is poor or rich, you may not be held accountable for your actions.

How about the affluenza defense? Amazing.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/us/affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-detained-in-mexico/

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    One peeve of mine is the proliferation of cameras. Cameras everywhere. I understand that they have a purpose sometimes but now I'm just tired of having a camera in my face every time I step outside. Traffic cameras, security cameras, cell phone cameras, dash cameras, news cameras, ATM cameras, laptop cameras, billboard cameras, on and on and on. Wife ass open for any hacker or government agent to look through.

And that's why they're REALLY there. It's not for our safety. They don't give a shit about our safety. If they did, they would t be after our last means of defense.

the PTB are following London's example....just another path down the road to total control..

Top Bottom