• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dave from everything I've read here it sounds like you need a good tractor pulling a good brush hog behind it. Easy to maintain and cuts grass, thick brush, and small samplings good. You just have to remember if you cut a lot of brush and small saplings you'll want to sharpen the blades before going back to grass cutting. Other than sharpening the blade like Sean said you just have to grease the fittings, we normally check them every time we prepare our bush hog for use. At our 110 acre hunting camp we use it to mow around our 3 acre pond and keep all the trails clear as well as mow the food plots down after they have grown wild all summer.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dave from everything I've read here it sounds like you need a good tractor pulling a good brush hog behind it. Easy to maintain and cuts grass, thick brush, and small samplings good. You just have to remember if you cut a lot of brush and small saplings you'll want to sharpen the blades before going back to grass cutting. Other than sharpening the blade like Sean said you just have to grease the fittings, we normally check them every time we prepare our bush hog for use. At our 110 acre hunting camp we use it to mow around our 3 acre pond and keep all the trails clear as well as mow the food plots down after they have grown wild all summer.

Thanks Viking! The ease of maintenance was weighing heavy in the back of my mind too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Sean! I will be working on 80 acres or so. Need to cut right of ways and borders. Plus do some thinning of some 1-4 year old long leaf pine saplings. 16 acres are CRP, so I need to maintain the ground cover to meet the criteria from the USDA on removal of the invasive species. I'm also considering hiring someone with the skid steer mulcher for the initial cut and then just maintain the paths afterwards. All great info you have provided. I appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone else that has provided input too. Always good to see your input SAWMAN!

Too many words on my part to say little. Go bush hog, keep the blades sharp and spend the free time on guns instead of maintenance.

Where about is this property located? Might be able to get you a killer deal on the initial cleanup.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Too many words on my part to say little. Go bush hog, keep the blades sharp and spend the free time on guns instead of maintenance.

Where about is this property located? Might be able to get you a killer deal on the initial cleanup.

North Okaloosa County. Less than 2 miles from the AL border off hwy 189.

Thanks Sean!

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for asking him. If he doesn't want to, no worries. There are guys out of Florala I can check with too. If possible I'd like to go with forum members and their friends first.

Top Bottom