• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A pastor asked an older farmer, decked out in bib overalls, to say grace for the morning breakfast.
    "Lord, I hate buttermilk", the farmer began. The visiting pastor opened one eye to glance at the farmer and wonder where this was going.

The farmer loudly proclaimed, "Lord, I hate lard." Now the pastor was growing concerned.

Without missing a beat, the farmer continued, "And Lord, you know I don't much care for raw white flour".
    The pastor once again opened an eye to glance around the room and saw that he wasn't the only one to feel uncomfortable.

Then the farmer added, "But Lord, when you mix them all together and bake them, I do love warm fresh biscuits. So Lord, when things come up that we don't like, when life gets hard, when we don't understand what you're saying to us, help us to just relax and wait until you are done mixing. It will probably be even better than biscuits. Amen."

Within that prayer there is great wisdom for all when it comes to complicated situations like we are experiencing in the world today.
    Stay strong, my friends, because our LORD is mixing several things that we don't really care for, but something even better is going to come when HE is done with it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A common political idiom : “If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.”

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    A common political idiom : “If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.”
    I think that was a quote by sir Winston Churchill. If you’re not a liberal in your youth you have no heart if you’re not a conservative by 40 you have no brain. Or something like that.
    Truth
    YMMV

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit – He who is silent, when he ought to have spoken and was able to, is taken to agree.
    -Latin proverb

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    “THE SCARIEST PREDICTION EVER”
    On February 2, 1905, American philosopher and writer (Russian-born) Alissa Zinovievna, better known in the literary world as Ayn Rand, was born in St. Petersburg, died in March 1982 in New York.
    THESE WERE HER WORDS:
    When you notice that to produce you need to get permission from those who do not produce anything; when you check that money flows to those who do not deal with goods but with favors; when you realize that many become rich by the bribery and for influence more than by your work and that the laws do not protect you against them, but on the contrary, they are the ones who are protected against you; when you discover that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes a self-sacrifice, then you can assert, without fear of being wrong, that your society is doomed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Terrible things rarely happen all at once. They're incremental, so people don't realize how bad things have gotten until it's too late. He swore up and down that he wasn't a communist. That he wanted democracy. Some believed him. Others didn't."
    ~Ana Rodriguez on Fidel Castro

Bearkat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "If ever there was an event that truly blew your mind, getting shot at was it!"
    An AC-130H Gunner

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence.

He said, 'You've done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there and a verbal wound is just as bad as a physical one.'

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    “Why did you wish me milder? Would you have me false to my nature? Rather say I, play the man I am.” —Coriolanus
    Our feminist-influenced, Bible-ignoring, headship-shaming society wishes real men to be milder. They wish you passive. They wish you silent.

But God entrusts you to speak, to sacrifice, to crush serpents. He calls you to be true to your nature — the one he gave you — and play the man that you are. And that man is not timid, not unassertive, not feeble in the faith: “Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong” (1 Corinthians 16:13).

Top Bottom