• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I saw bits of that online. Not sure what to actually believe tho. Seems like they would have been rat and rust infested being in there that way for so long. No dust really either. There's a yellow ratchet strap across the rifles as if they was trucked in some time more recently than they was bought at the prices shown there.
    If true tho it's a huge score.
    That's what every inch on my house would look like if I hit the lotto tho lol

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I saw bits of that online. Not sure what to actually believe tho. Seems like they would have been rat and rust infested being in there that way for so long. No dust really either. There's a yellow ratchet strap across the rifles as if they was trucked in some time more recently than they was bought at the prices shown there.
    If true tho it's a huge score.
    That's what every inch on my house would look like if I hit the lotto tho lol
    And he did find some with rust in the later videos, so... not all pristine. And yes, don't believe everything you see on the Internet... it does seem too good to be true! : )

P.S. Powerball $596 million TONIGHT! As I tell my mother: "If I win that much, I'll get your car painted and get you two new tires! I'll probably need the rest of the money!"

Pisses her off! : )

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    And he did find some with rust in the later videos, so... not all pristine. And yes, don't believe everything you see on the Internet... it does seem too good to be true! : )

P.S. Powerball $596 million TONIGHT! As I tell my mother: "If I win that much, I'll get your car painted and get you two new tires! I'll probably need the rest of the money!"

Pisses her off! : )
    Lol too funny!
    I haven't heard the story yet on how he came about them exactly yet either. Always a short video of what next gem he's found.
    He says it was abandoned, but by who.. where.. why and how?
    I'd like to know that for sure.

.... and the address lol

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lol too funny!
    I haven't heard the story yet on how he came about them exactly yet either. Always a short video of what next gem he's found.
    He says it was abandoned, but by who.. where.. why and how?
    I'd like to know that for sure.

.... and the address lol
    Looks like a "storage auction", but even those are suspect... i.e., some people get an "inside track".

Back in the mid-late '80s(?), I saw a "get rich quick" scheme re: auctions, so I signed up to be notified about IRS auctions, went to a Broward Sheriff's auction, etc. The IRS auctions I got notifications for usually involved rusty file cabinets, etc., and at the Broward Sheriff's auction, all the desirable vehicles went for prices too high (basically high retail) to even hope to turn a profit on an "as-is, where-is" vehicle.

Then I was at a car dealership parts department when I overheard a conversation. A guy was bragging about how he knew a lady who sent out the auction notifications for some governmental entity (can't recall which... maybe Customs?). When it involved rusty file cabinets, everyone who signed up... like me... would be notified. If it was for, let's say, an offshore racing boat, only he would be notified... pretty slick, huh?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Looks like a "storage auction", but even those are suspect... i.e., some people get an "inside track".

Back in the mid-late '80s(?), I saw a "get rich quick" scheme re: auctions, so I signed up to be notified about IRS auctions, went to a Broward Sheriff's auction, etc. The IRS auctions I got notifications for usually involved rusty file cabinets, etc., and at the Broward Sheriff's auction, all the desirable vehicles went for prices too high (basically high retail) to even hope to turn a profit on an "as-is, where-is" vehicle.

Then I was at a car dealership parts department when I overheard a conversation. A guy was bragging about how he knew a lady who sent out the auction notifications for some governmental entity (can't recall which... maybe Customs?). When it involved rusty file cabinets, everyone who signed up... like me... would be notified. If it was for, let's say, an offshore racing boat, only he would be notified... pretty slick, huh?
    Oh yeah. If left into people hands with little oversight I'm sure all sorts of stuff happens

Top Bottom