• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Themumfordman

Master
    Interesting, I wonder why that would be. From what I was aware it only interacts with the roller system, not the receiver itself. It does change the delay speed on the unlocking of the rollers, so maybe it creates extra pressure against the receiver?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Interesting, I wonder why that would be. From what I was aware it only interacts with the roller system, not the receiver itself. It does change the delay speed on the unlocking of the rollers, so maybe it creates extra pressure against the receiver?
    That is correct. Rollers beat up the receiver over time. Some guys say it will kill it immediately, some say 10s of thousands of rounds.

Themumfordman

Master
    That is correct. Rollers beat up the receiver over time. Some guys say it will kill it immediately, some say 10s of thousands of rounds.
    Huh. I've probably put about 500 or so through mine since I got that all set up, and no issues so far. If I ever get to 10K plus we probably hit the end of the world. o_O

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I figured that I should break the ice in this section with a picture thread. Let us see your NFA toys! I've got three more coming -- but for now... My HK family:

View attachment 38
    Outstanding! Had a USC/UMP clone, not SBR though, with everything to convert to .40
    Sold it back in '09 to pay my son's tuition that semester. I made him hold it and look real close and said "one day when you're successful, I want this back!" I got grandkids instead...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

Recondo 101

Expert
    One of my form 1 can builds, with an 8" titanium tube that I anodized.
    I was reading about anodizing titanium with five 9v batteries hooked up in series, baking soda mixed in distilled water, in a tall pitcher and an aluminum strip. An example of what can be done with titanium.. Gave it a tie dye blue look.

IMG_0372.jpeg

Top Bottom