• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    I'd appreciate it but wouldn't get all worked up if you didn't say something and I somehow realize/discover later you are armed.

But... I'm comfortable with people being armed whereas many cops are not.
    Concealed is concealed. That means out of sight, hidden, wtf ever the dictionary say.

In Florida, that means don’t be a felon. Other wise sweet whatever.

If you forgot you stuffed that Glock 17 rmo tlr +5 extension pressed against your package while you speed down the freeway… some cops will scream”Mercia!” And some will just light your car up because acorn.

Google search statues. They’re free and available.
    Treat every intersection with LEO like they’re a virgin tossed in a war zone.
    FROM EXPERIENCE, you’ll e be fine and everyone lays down in their bed.

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Concealed is concealed. That means out of sight, hidden, wtf ever the dictionary say.

In Florida, that means don’t be a felon. Other wise sweet whatever.

If you forgot you stuffed that Glock 17 rmo tlr +5 extension pressed against your package while you speed down the freeway… some cops will scream”Mercia!” And some will just light your car up because acorn.

Google search statues. They’re free and available.
    Treat every intersection with LEO like they’re a virgin tossed in a war zone.
    FROM EXPERIENCE, you’ll e be fine and everyone lays down in their bed.
    is everything ok there ?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Okay. Thank you for clearing that up. I couldn't find what I was looking for or found some fairly confusing and contradictory results. You've been a big help. I'm gonna continue to look at the statutes and see if there is anything left I don't understand

The problem many cops AND people have with reading statutes is they generally STOP reading when they think they get the answer they were looking for vs. reading the statute completely.

Also, when another statute is referenced, you really need to go read that one too as context matters.

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    The problem many cops AND people have with reading statutes is they generally STOP reading when they think they get the answer they were looking for vs. reading the statute completely.

Also, when another statute is referenced, you really need to go read that one too as context matters.
    That is we ask what seems to others as dumb questions .....the party of the first part shall from hereto/on be ever known as the party of the first part unless they................................just pay and get the license lol

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    That is we ask what seems to others as dumb questions .....the party of the first part shall from hereto/on be ever known as the party of the first part unless they................................just pay and get the license lol

Better to have and not need than to need and not have kind of thing.

I'm 62, been LEO for a long time, just recently got a CC License mainly to skip waiting periods.

MAXman

Master
    is everything ok there ?
    Yeah, I’m good.
    Again. The Florida statutes are published online for free. I mean you can even find the contesting arguments.

It basically says if you can own a firearms in the state of Florida, which basically means not a felon and a resident with an address, you can hide your gun when your doing your things.

Do you tell a cop when you get pulled over? I have, and I haven’t, solely based on if they approached my window constantly scanning their surroundings with their hand on their weapon,
    Or not. Or whatever.

That’s called experience. Can’t gain that ob the internet,

Also I don’t do over 10+ the limit, my lights work and I drive a boring Volvo. I don’t get pulled over much. So ‍♀️. You’re mileage may vary.

I don’t know where you moved from, so I don’t know what you’re used to. But you can literally Google “Florida conceal Carey” and get numerous up to date articles, from trusted verified sources... On what you can stick in your pants and where and for who… and when you find the fl.gov link It’s probably what our “legislatures” agreed on.

Welcome to the sunshine state.
    Best beaches in the world.
    Competitive best looking women on earth.

FLT

Master
    Its really not difficult or expensive to obtain a permit in Florida, I can’t think of a single thing that could be considered a disadvantage about having it.

fisheadgib

Expert
    Its really not difficult or expensive to obtain a permit in Florida, I can’t think of a single thing that could be considered a disadvantage about having it.
    A big plus is reciprocity with 30 something other states. Permitless carry is fine if you never leave Florida.

RackinRay

Master
    One thing everyone left out is that in Florida, you don't have to take a class for your Concealed Carry Permit if you have a DD214. If you don't know what a DD214 is, you don't have one.

As a retired military DD-214 holder, life long gun enthusiast, and former FL LEO; I would encourage all without training beyond certified basic firearms training to attend a certified FL Firearms training course.

Look for one that teaches use of force as well as FL Law. It is worth the relative low cost no matter how comfortable you are with your firearms skills and law knowledge.

fisheadgib

Expert
    As a retired military DD-214 holder, life long gun enthusiast, and former FL LEO; I would encourage all without training beyond certified basic firearms training to attend a certified FL Firearms training course.

Look for one that teaches use of force as well as FL Law. It is worth the relative low cost no matter how comfortable you are with your firearms skills and law knowledg

I'm also a veteran and I took a class anyway primarily to become more familiar with the laws.

Top Bottom