• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    OK... I like blasting with a 12ga shotgun for fun, pump, semi, doesn't matter. To me, lots of fun, and with the pump, lots of manual activities.

Been eyeing those Benelli knock offs made in Turkey for a while but most get spotty reviews so I really never took any of them seriously and was about to grab the Mossberg 930 (brother has one and it eats everything) until I started seeing reviews on the MAC 2 and MAC 1014. With a healthy stash of 12ga ammo bulk packs, thanks to just about always grabbing some whenever I happened to be in Wal-Mart before all the ammo nonsense was upon us (.22LR bulk packs too), I wanted a dependable semi-auto. My 11-87 Police will cycle the 1 1/8oz. loads for the most part, but I'd rather not put the wear on it so enter the cheap alternative... the MAC 1014.

I debated between the MAC 2 (Inertia Driven) and the MAC 1014 (Gas Operated) and settled on the MAC 1014 after seeing several reviews demonstrating the SG will cycle loads as low as the 1200-1290 FPS 1 1/8oz after about 100 rounds break-in with heavy loads. I don't, nor would I, expect the SG to function with 1oz or 7/8oz light loads.

These SG's are almost 100% compatible with Benelli parts so that's a plus. The factory 5+1 can be altered easily with an after-market tube allowing for a 7+1 capacity.

At $374 shipped, including tax and insurance, I think these are a steal. MSRP is in the high fives but they can be had for considerably less. Not a really big gamble in my book given the excellent reviews, looks like MAC hit this one out of the park... time will tell.

Once I get the MAC 1014 in my hands and see it's all that it's been advertised to be, I might go back and get the MAC 2 just because.

Anyone already acquire one of these? If so... comments please.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hopefully it will be a good one. I picked up a turkish fun gun used. Gas ring blew off, sprung. 4-6 week wait for the part. Sucks.

Did ya ever shoot that 10mm RIA??

That's why I never jumped on the earlier Turkey-made guns. This one should prove to be better. I can't find a single negative review...

I've not shot the 10mm RIA much, just a couple mags. Work, hunting season, foul weather, etc. have all worked together to keep me from doing more shooting but that's all about to ease off.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looking for update if you have it yet? I debated between the Mac 1014 and the panzer M4. I decided on panzer due to somewhat better reviews, and reports that the Mac 1014 was much more ammo picky. The panzer about 100 more. Not in hand yet, have it on layaway at Bud’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    About 100 rounds in, 100% as expected with 00B and slugs. 100% on two types of target 1 1/8oz loads and 85-ish % on other target loads. Supposedly after about 200 rounds break in it's supposed to be better with target loads... we will se, but based on what I've experienced so far it seems reasonable.

I just received the extended magazine tube today, will install later this week and give it a run.

I've not see one single negative review on the MAC 2 or MAC 1014.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    About 100 rounds in, 100% as expected with 00B and slugs. 100% on two types of target 1 1/8oz loads and 85-ish % on other target loads. Supposedly after about 200 rounds break in it's supposed to be better with target loads... we will se, but based on what I've experienced so far it seems reasonable.

I just received the extended magazine tube today, will install later this week and give it a run.

I've not see one single negative review on the MAC 2 or MAC 1014.

Good info, thanks. I may be looking to get a few of this type gun.

I think a lot of the ammo issues is people not following the proper break in procedures and using super light ammo.

Like most things, just do what you’re supposed to do lol

Which tube did you go with?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good info, thanks. I may be looking to get a few of this type gun.

I think a lot of the ammo issues is people not following the proper break in procedures and using super light ammo.

Like most things, just do what you’re supposed to do lol

Which tube did you go with?

Nothing... I wanted to see what it would do right out of the box with no break in.

I'm seriously considering another, at $375 shipped it's a damn good deal.

MAC apparently got it right with these.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend of mine has one as well and I was impressed with it for the price compared to my Benelli M4. The parts compatibility appears to be the same down to even having the correct cuts on the stock tube for collapsible stock. Fit and finish wasn't as good and it didn't want to cycle light loads like my well my broken in M4 does but at $375 compared to $1900 or so it quite good.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A friend of mine has one as well and I was impressed with it for the price compared to my Benelli M4. The parts compatibility appears to be the same down to even having the correct cuts on the stock tube for collapsible stock. Fit and finish wasn't as good and it didn't want to cycle light loads like my well my broken in M4 does but at $375 compared to $1900 or so it quite good.

Yeah... kind of hard to knock a tactical semi-auto that won't cycle light target loads.

A SG gassed to work with light loads would be kind of hard on parts when using more powerful loads.

It's a trade off I'm good with.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah... kind of hard to knock a tactical semi-auto that won't cycle light target loads.

A SG gassed to work with light loads would be kind of hard on parts when using more powerful loads.

It's a trade off I'm good with.

You’re right. Not like many people are gonna go dove hunting with an M4 style shotgun. Pretty much built for buckshot and slugs.

For cheaper practice,, the high velocity birdshot like winchester fast dove cycles fine in my other cheaper semi autos.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You’re right. Not like many people are gonna go dove hunting with an M4 style shotgun. Pretty much built for buckshot and slugs.

For cheaper practice,, the high velocity birdshot like winchester fast dove cycles fine in my other cheaper semi autos.

Federal Top Gun 7 1/2 low-brass bird loads ran perfectly. So did the faster but lighter 1oz. Winchester 7 1/2 loads.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Federal Top Gun 7 1/2 low-brass bird loads ran perfectly. So did the faster but lighter 1oz. Winchester 7 1/2 loads.

Thanks for the heads up, that’s definitely cheaper.

When I asked earlier what tube you went with, I meant the magazine extension. I’ve seen several with a wide range in price. The Dave’s metal works seems to have the best reviews but also about triple the cost of most of them.

I’ve been reading about all sorts of mods for the M4 clones. I think I’ll start with a bigger bolt release pad and safety button, extension tube, a cheap reflex sight and sling. Oh and shell carrier. I’ll probably order some commons spare parts like o rings too . Probably end up with as much on accessories as the gun lol. Still a fraction of the cost of the Benelli!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up, that’s definitely cheaper.

When I asked earlier what tube you went with, I meant the magazine extension. I’ve seen several with a wide range in price. The Dave’s metal works seems to have the best reviews but also about triple the cost of most of them.

I’ve been reading about all sorts of mods for the M4 clones. I think I’ll start with a bigger bolt release pad and safety button, extension tube, a cheap reflex sight and sling. Oh and shell carrier. I’ll probably order some commons spare parts like o rings too . Probably end up with as much on accessories as the gun lol. Still a fraction of the cost of the Benelli!

I got the one from MAC/SDS Imports, like the SG itself, no bad reviews.

I will certainly add a RDS, a NV compatible Delta Point Pro so I can harass hogs while wearing NOD's. I like the larger window of the DPP and with NOD's the dot jumps out at you.

Top Bottom