• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Remember where you were? I do. Just got off work at the sheriff's office riding my silver wing home rocking out to 96.1. Went home and stood in front of the TV for hours in disbelief which turned to rage.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I was sitting on radio watch in MCAGCC 29 Palms. We all thought we were going, for sure. Our Staff NCO's were telling us that units deployed in training with all their field equipment and rifles already issued are usually the first on the planes. All you gotta do is hand out the live rounds. We were pumped. Then we didn't go. Being in the desert, it was weeks before I saw any of the footage. All we had was pocket AM/FM radios.

LtDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NAS Chambers Field (Norfolk, VA) waiting to transfer to California. Worked on E-2Cs during that time. Birds scrambled with a quickness. Very sad day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I was at Mandrills gym in SantaFe.... Came up on screen.... Started crying....was EnRAGED.... Hurt so much to see USa Attacked like that.. I STILL WANT THE TRAITORS THAT DID THIS TO HANG... AND I WANT TO SEE... IMO?! an inside job ..... Trump knows this as well...THEY WILL HANG:mad::mad::mad:

GOD BLESS THE USA AND GOD HAS BLESSED US WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP AND ALL PATRIOTS

AMEN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Was in a Sears outlet store in Farmington, Maine (55 miles from home). My wife and I were looking at buying a new clothes dryer.
    This came up on about 8 of the display TV's that were all tuned to the same channel.
    We jumped in the truck and headed back home.
    Extremely sad day for everyone.
    Have ALL of the people involved in that been publically put to death ?? Sadly . . . I believe that we all know the answer to that. ---- SAWMAN

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I was on the way to work with my brother listening to John Boy and Billy. I remember listening and they got serious and talked about the first plane hitting the World Trade Center . I got to work and ran in to the big screen tv just in time to see the second plane Hit and that was when We all knew that the first was not an accident. It was a sinking, helpless feeling.

I also remember the months following where everyone felt as they were American’s, together. That is the feeling we need today.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was at work trying to get the status of my folks that worked at the Pentagon and trying to get one of my data centers back online after the Army O6 secured the facilty it was housed on for fear of an attack.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Fort benning as a young TACP. Thinking my world is about to change. March of 02 I was on a cold snowy mountain side in Afghanistan with a Bunch of really bad dudes. Oh how reality hit me hard, this was nothing like the movies or what I thought while I was a youngster playing with GI Joes. Boy how my eyes were open to the real world.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I was in my office in the DOJ building in the recently closed Fort McClellan, AL. A co-worker was waiting for a flight in the Atlanta airport...His flight never left.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was at work in Pensacola at a company called Network Telephone, we didn't get any work done the rest of the day, just watched on the TV at work in disbelief. I get goose bumps every 9/11 when I drive in to work, I pass by the Florosa Fire Department and they always have their ladder truck out with a huge American flag hanging from it and firemen uniforms hanging off the front bumpers of the fire truck representing their fallen comrades that day.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sitting at home with my wife watching it happen on television

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Active-duty aircrew, on-base, going through normal preflight briefings and prep for a checkride. We got word of the first plane during early briefings. We couldn't figure out how bad the systems failure must've been that the pilot couldn't avoid hitting a building. Headed out to the bird we heard rumblings of a second plane and thought people were mistaking the footage of the first. "No way two crews had the same catastrophic loss of controls that would result in slamming into a skyscraper, let alone the SAME building". While sitting in my seat loading the systems, some maintenance guys told us the Pentagon was hit. A few seconds later, command post came over the net. All flight operations cancelled. All crews report to the squadrons. Managed to call the wife and tell her to turn on the news, and that I would be busy at work for awhile.
    Learned what SCATANA meant in a few minutes. Planned many missions in a few hours.
    Felt good to be able to DO Something in uniform, immediately. No one complained. Everyone was professional, determined, quick, ready and waiting. The enemy had no idea what they started.

Odd to think that today's 18-year-olds were born AFTER 9/11.
    What age do you start remembering stuff like this? 4? 5? That means there are "adults" in their early 20's who never really experienced what that day felt like or meant.

Never Forget.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sitting at home with my wife watching it happen on television

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was between jobs and turned on the morning news a little late to see the first building burning and in what was hard to believe what I was actually seeing, a second plane slams into the second building live IIRC on Channel 3. There was a story that one of them, I think Atta did live for a while near UWF in the Fountains apt.

LtDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fort benning as a young TACP. Thinking my world is about to change. March of 02 I was on a cold snowy mountain side in Afghanistan with a Bunch of really bad dudes. Oh how reality hit me hard, this was nothing like the movies or what I thought while I was a youngster playing with GI Joes. Boy how my eyes were open to the real world.
    Was out in the Gulf on the Nimitz 2003 and 2005. OIF, OEF.

Top Bottom