• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRDN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Back in January I called tornado technologies about having the barrel on my sr9 threaded. They told me there was a 4 week wait. So I sent them the barrel. It’s been 14 weeks. No returned phone calls, emails, text, or anything. No one will answer the phones either. I’ve been trying for weeks now and nothing. The company is in Oregon I’m in Florida. Who would I contact? I’m thinking something has happened to the owner. Any suggestions?

BRDN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Never mind. The guy just answered the phone after 6 weeks of calling. Said it was almost finished. They used to have very high ratings. I found them on various gun sites advertising. We’ll see.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Hope you learned your lesson. For the cost of a barrel, it was a relatively cheap lesson. I don't do anything mail order. Period. If I absolutely have to do something mail order, then I get somebody else to do it for me and then I pay the buddy when it comes in. I have been burned too many times. Many thanks to a few forum buddies here who have done this for me lately

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Never mind. The guy just answered the phone after 6 weeks of calling. Said it was almost finished. They used to have very high ratings. I found them on various gun sites advertising. We’ll see.
    It's not over yet. Go ask the three or four dozen people that Don's in Pensacola screwed over. He led some of them guys on for years

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've been dealing (on a small scale) with lots of different gun companies for the past 10 years. Most of them are well behind schedule. The few exceptions have been ADCO around 2010 for a barrel fluting and Ecco machine for a supressor modification. After my work was done, both of those ended up with significant wait times. Not defending the lack of communication but it's something I've seen across the board for awhile.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That sucks. For what it’s worth, my past experiences with them were all good. Back and forth comms. Not super quick, but as expected timeline. They would even coordinate with some other local FFLs for projects.

Without other info, my top guess is something medical happened to a key employee or boss.

Maybe if you approach it from that angle, you’d get closer to a resolution? Refund and items returned, or realistic estimate of timeline.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Hope you learned your lesson. For the cost of a barrel, it was a relatively cheap lesson. I don't do anything mail order. Period. If I absolutely have to do something mail order, then I get somebody else to do it for me and then I pay the buddy when it comes in. I have been burned too many times. Many thanks to a few forum buddies here who have done this for me lately
    Just out of curiosity, why do you use others to do your online transactions?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Just out of curiosity, why do you use others to do your online transactions?
    'Back in January I called tornado technologies about having the barrel on my sr9 threaded. They told me there was a 4 week wait. So I sent them the barrel. It’s been 14 weeks. No returned phone calls, emails, text, or anything. No one will answer the phones either. I’ve been trying for weeks now and nothing. The company is in Oregon I’m in Florida. Who would I contact? I’m thinking something has happened to the owner. Any suggestions?"

Rossi... did you actually read this thread?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922-184951.png
      Screenshot_20230922-184951.png
      638 KB · Views: 21
    • Screenshot_20230922-185016.png
      Screenshot_20230922-185016.png
      617.6 KB · Views: 23

BRDN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It wasn’t Rossi. It was a custom built barrel. No one around here will do it. By the way, I shot it yesterday with the suppressor and It works flawless my brother!! Oh and thanks for the red dot. I haven’t shot it yet. The summer was too hot on this old dude!!

Top Bottom