• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank that sounds like people in congress and the1% of americans that control 90% of the money.

Nice statistic, but it's wrong. The top 1% control 17.67% and the top 10% control 75%.

FWIW; I grew up in MI in a UAW blue collar family and all the unions did for me was make me vehemently anti-union.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry my stats were off some but you get the idea of where the money is and who the people who really control things.

To make it clear I don't think unions are the beat thing since sliced bread but they do have a use. Sure the union heads are not the most honest people but show me any class at the top that are. And I do mean ANY. Maybe I wasn't real crazy about paying dues but I know what was offered at time for the contract end for pay.Without the union it would have been .10 an hour for 3 years.

Our local was in a small town and wasn't like alot as they were somewhat lax compared to others in the country on some things and other things and had to be by the book. It was in a foundry and things may have been diffrent there. No we didn't have to wait for an electrion to plug in an ext cord.

With out the union we would have been working for min wage,not the living wage we got. Not an out landish wage that some make. But I guess it isn't an out landish wage if you are getting it.

Truth is people at the top are going to steal from you in a big org. Fact of life,live with it.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's funny/scary stuff!!!! Now get back to work Ken!!!!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have worked union jobs in a steel mill, salaried jobs in a union shop, non-union shops, and self employed. I want no part of unions. Nothing but legal (sometimes not) organized crime.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never said the leaders were saints,Most of them should be in jail. That said the foundry I worked in if it wasn't for the union we would have worked for alot less if not for the union.
    Gardner Denver would have paid us the smallest amount they could to please the higher ups. Some starting wages were min.wage and even with skills wages were only $5 dollars above min. One case in point.Electrions made $13.30 an hour in 1992 with shift bonus. which was .50 an hour if I remember right. Who wants to work 11to7. That was good pay that we would have not gotten at that time. One nonunion shop was wanting to pay there elec .50 above min. Granted they had an add all the time for help.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just reread my last post John and it was 92. I staretd in 72. I love third shift and worked it when ever I could. Not so many Big Wigs at night.

Top Bottom