• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    You need to block out both ends of the conversation that includes both phones. Could be the other end of the line has a federal agent on it.
    Yep and why I said put both in your box you build to block sound and signal. If I jam the phones it's gonna jam everything near by also. BTW is not a good idea. Maybe for a short time you could get away with it. LOL

But think about it if we are doing a transaction that is breaking the law and you gonna have the govt after yea might as well have fun doing it.

:) :) :)

FLT

Master
    I like the box idea. Is there some place I could find information on how to build or buy one? I’m guessing that keeping the phone in a box like that would prevent anyone from seeing where your travels take you and still let you have your phone with you in case you needed to make an emergency call for help.

kendive

Master
    I like the box idea. Is there some place I could find information on how to build or buy one? I’m guessing that keeping the phone in a box like that would prevent anyone from seeing where your travels take you and still let you have your phone with you in case you needed to make an emergency call for help.
    You could always get a burner phone too.... There is tons of ideas out there.

On the box thing you could get one of them cheap pelican like boxes from Harbor Freight and make it into a safe cell box.

I know amazon sells little cases for your key fob to block it from talking to the car maybe they make them for cell phones too??? Not sure if that would block audio though.

:)

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Yep and why I said put both in your box you build to block sound and signal. If I jam the phones it's gonna jam everything near by also. BTW is not a good idea. Maybe for a short time you could get away with it. LOL

But think about it if we are doing a transaction that is breaking the law and you gonna have the govt after yea might as well have fun doing it.

:) :) :)
    We are talking about buying and selling guns privately.
    Exactly how do you get someone distant and unknown to you to put their phone in a box and if even if they agree, how do you know that they are telling the truth.
    I still do not understand how a phone can transmit and receive when inside of box that blocks the GPS and ability of the phone to be monitored. I am also not sure if the carrier towers can not be monitored. I do know it is not hard to track a conversation to a specific cell tower. I know of an individual in Georgia that tracked a cell phone conversation between a lady in Canada that got an obscene phone call from a fellow living in Jay. The call was made near a cell tower in the Pensacola area. She kicked him off of our white english dog FB page for that.
    Face to face off the highway away from a vehicle is about the only way to have a secure conversation.
    Some phones services may have their services encrypted and the feds are not able to crack some of those.

kendive

Master
    We are talking about buying and selling guns privately.
    Exactly how do you get someone distant and unknown to you to put their phone in a box and if even if they agree, how do you know that they are telling the truth.
    I still do not understand how a phone can transmit and receive when inside of box that blocks the GPS and ability of the phone to be monitored. I am also not sure if the carrier towers can not be monitored. I do know it is not hard to track a conversation to a specific cell tower. I know of an individual in Georgia that tracked a cell phone conversation between a lady in Canada that got an obscene phone call from a fellow living in Jay. The call was made near a cell tower in the Pensacola area. She kicked him off of our white english dog FB page for that.
    Face to face off the highway away from a vehicle is about the only way to have a secure conversation.
    Some phones services may have their services encrypted and the feds are not able to crack some of those.
    It's all just fun and games, but what I know and what I have I would just block everything within a half mile block. LOL

If it comes to this we are all shooting each other anyway.

Electronic warfare would be fun through.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Your lack of concern by a government that violates the law. Reminds me of the European Jews that decided to stay in Germany because they didn't think the NASI government hated all jews.
    Oh remember how reasonable and accommodating the US government was during the Chinese flu. Never mind about Ruby Ridge or Waco. Could be you'er one of the Feds trolling the board.

Well damn... I tried to fly under the radar and blend in. I managed to avoid detection all these years.

But nope, can't fool an intelligent feller like you... well done Sir, you will get high marks in my next briefing report on the shenanigans going on here at GCGF.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Well damn... I tried to fly under the radar and blend in. I managed to avoid detection all these years.

But nope, can't fool an intelligent feller like you... well done Sir, you will get high marks in my next briefing report on the shenanigans going on here at GCGF.
    Glad we found the ONE government employee out of the 14,288 members and untold bots constantly trolling this free site. lol

FrommerStop

Master
    It's all just fun and games, but what I know and what I have I would just block everything within a half mile block. LOL

If it comes to this we are all shooting each other anyway.

Electronic warfare would be fun through.

This is not a fun and games thread. Not when lives and many years in prison are included.
    Electronic warfare as being considered fun is a strange conclusion. Good way to shut down society as we know it.

Scene from the patriot of a silly woman laughing and applauding a disaster.

kendive

Master
    This is not a fun and games thread. Not when lives and many years in prison are included.
    Electronic warfare as being considered fun is a strange conclusion. Good way to shut down society as we know it.

I consider this entire forum fun and games.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Easy Mr. or you will make “the list”.
    First off - there's no way Im not already on that list. lol

I consider this entire forum fun and games.
    Exactly. The more internet I read, the more I realize I need to go outside and talk to real people. :)

Not applauding it. But this has been a long time coming. Anyone with a moderate knowledge of history should be able to realize that everything tends towards chaos and authoritarianism over time. The writing is on the wall and is becoming harder and harder to ignore.

First they came for bump stocks - I said nothing because I didn't have a bump stock.
    Then they came for pistol braces - I said nothing because I didn't have a pistol brace.
    Then they came for private sales - I said nothing because I don't plan on selling.
    Then they came for me...

My 2nd A rights are not fun and games.
    An organization exists - multiple. Donating is one way to make your voice heard.
    Reaching out to those orgs and finding out how to be even more active is another.

(Example - I have been buying my coffee from defender coffee for years ever since BRCC started to get silly)

Making deliberate choices is the only way out of this mess.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    First off - there's no way Im not already on that list. lol

Exactly. The more internet I read, the more I realize I need to go outside and talk to real people. :)

Not applauding it. But this has been a long time coming. Anyone with a moderate knowledge of history should be able to realize that everything tends towards chaos and authoritarianism over time. The writing is on the wall and is becoming harder and harder to ignore.

First they came for bump stocks - I said nothing because I didn't have a bump stock.
    Then they came for pistol braces - I said notch because I didn't have a pistol brace.
    Then they came for private sales - I said nothing because I don't plan on selling.
    Then they came for me...

An organization exists - multiple. Donating is one way to make your voice heard.
    Reaching out to those orgs and finding out how to be even more active is another.

(Example - I have been buying my coffee from defender coffee for years ever since BRCC started to get silly)

Making deliberate choices is the only way out of this mess.
    I write comments on new rules, give money to progun organizations, and email my representatives.
    In the civilized part of europe and near by areas there have been periods of utter destruction. Bronze age collapse, Fall of rome, black plague, etc.
    I hope not see such in my life time, but I can not deny that cities and nations can become dust with time.

FNHman

Marksman
    Then they came for pistol braces - I said notch because I didn't have a pistol brace.
    Then they came for me...

Best post on this forum I ever read.

If your aware of the present you can see the future.

They have been building the foundation for the this war against ALL FREEDOMS that remain for decades.... they are closer than they have ever been and the people are too busy discussing genders, collage loan forgiveness, watching Johnny Dept and Trump trials etc to notice.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Best post on this forum I ever read.

If your aware of the present you can see the future.

They have been building the foundation for the this war against ALL FREEDOMS that remain for decades.... they are closer than they have ever been and the people are too busy discussing genders, collage loan forgiveness, watching Johnny Dept and Trump trials etc to notice.
    My spelling mistake kinda ruins it for me.

The point is, every time they try to take any small part of our freedom away, it needs to be met with FPC's tagline:

kendive

Master
    My spelling mistake kinda ruins it for me.

The point is, every time they try to take any small part of our freedom away, it needs to be met with FPC's tagline:

I really don't belive anything posted on the internet or what's on TV and why I stopped watching any news a long time ago. F @ g b 0 0 k is the worst.

But Tom at gun talk does not bs and has lawyers on his show all the time.

Listen to this and I posted it here. Seems like we may be winning... Maybe. I'm ready to take my airguns and retire overseas if things get bad.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I really don't belive anything posted on the internet or what's on TV and why I stopped watching any news a long time ago. F @ g b 0 0 k is the worst.

But Tom at gun talk does not bs and has lawyers on his show all the time.

Listen to this and I posted it here. Seems like we may be winning... Maybe. I'm ready to take my airguns and retire overseas if things get bad.

Speaking of - I need to get with you on an airgun Idea I have that Idk if it will work or not.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Get a HarborFreight Apache (knock-off Pelican) case. Keep the receipt, and go home to see if it will work. Wanna check how “soundproof” the box is?
    Call the phone and answer it, put the phone by itself in the box, put it by a tv with the volume set at a conversational level, go to another room and listen. Can’t hear the tv? Go turn up the volume, leave the room, and listen again. If it doesn’t work on its own, maybe wrap the phone in some fabric first, like a clean sock?

As for purpose built “faraday pouches”, these fit large phones:

… and if you put the phone in the correct pocket and fold over the flap, it will isolate it. Calls go straight to voicemail. Texts don’t “show up” until you open the pouch.

Put each phone in a pouch.
    Put the pouches in the soundproof box.
    Done. No transmit, no receive, barely/no usable sound regardless.

I can tell you the pouches work to kill the signal.
    I can tell you the large Apache case definitely muffles/reduces the sound down to barely anything.
    Your mileage may vary…

May do nothing to stop the T-1000 drones, but it might make you feel better.

Top Bottom