APOD Firearms

Mechanics, car guys .. anyone out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an 04 Ford Exploder and for some reason lately it is engaging in 4wd out of nowhere. Seems to be happening when I put it in reverse or when slowly making a turn when first started. Sometimes the front end will grind then make a clunking sound when turning a corner then go back to 2wd. This POS only has to last me a couple more months so I really don't want to put any money into it. Is there a way to disengage the 4wd altogether? Anyone ever hear of this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset computer. After reconnecting make sure to drive vehicle at least an hour straight on both highway and in town roads to get computer memory back up. Do so during dry conditions.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset computer. After reconnecting make sure to drive vehicle at least an hour straight on both highway and in town roads to get computer memory back up. Do so during dry conditions.
    Thanks I will give that a shot!!

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm with emcm2, If the explorer is like the ford trucks, there is a vacuum or electric solenoid that controls the shift on fly. When they go out they start acting wanky. Possibly just unplug your 4×4 fuses under the hood or under dash

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

No shit but I think this may have worked. Crazy.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just make sure after you disconnect the battery to drive about an hour on all paved roads, town & highway. This resets the computer memory. Doesn't work all the time. But most times it does unless there's internal damage.

Top Bottom