• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Price: 250

Mike75

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just to answer a question, go fund me does take out 2.9%+ .30 which includes debit and credit charges per donation. So if you donate $250 (250×2.9=725{or $7.25} $7.25+.30=$7.55 ($250-$7.55=$242.45)
    Out of every $250 donation the family would receive $242.45.

Or you can look at it like 2.9% is pretty much equal to $3 out of every $100 (that would be 3%) and 3×2.5=7.5+.3=$7.80 so it would be just under $8 for those who don't need exact numbers.

The article I read didn't say anything about tips. So I have no idea where that figures in

My fiance and I have you in our hearts and minds. I wish I could help, butt in on a fixed income and child support has decided to take that. We wish you both all the strength and love you need to make it through this.

tji

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thank you all so so much I feel thank you is inadequate as I sit here crying with my wife we love you all so much and just thank everyone for their prayers and support. We were just working out a system to communicate with Jack as he is increasingly unable to speak. We covered the nod and head shake and just established a one blink for no, two blinks for yes system. The doctors have told us hearing is usually the last to go after speech and sight.
    I can’t begin to imagine what you and your wife are going through. I got a bit choked up when I first started reading this thread, but when I clicked the Go Fund Me link and saw your boy’s picture, I lost it. I pray that God gives him comfort and that he gives your family peace.

I will donate $500 directly, and I have an additional offer for anyone who might be interested: I have a NIB/unfired Rossi 92 lever action in 45LC with a blued16 inch round barrel (I have the box, manual, etc). I took it on trade from a member last year and never shot it (it’s just been sitting in my safe). The cheapest I see the rifle online is $700. If someone will match my $500 donation (and can show proof they did so), I will give the rifle to them and throw in a box of factory ammo, too. That’s a really good deal for a really good cause.

God bless you and your boy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom