• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a former NYC resident and subway commuter:

Homelessness and/or mental illness are not death sentences. NYC straphangers are accustomed to these common types of occurrences on the subway.

Because this guy wasn’t comfortable doesn’t mean he gets to choke out and kill someone. If I had a dollar for every time there was someone shouting wild stuff on the train, I could still afford to live in NYC.

Get off at the next stop or move to the next car. Press the emergency button, there are police on nearly every train (DEFINITELY on the F Train, where this occurred.) All of these are acceptable responses to the non-physical situation happening here.

The willingness of people to escalate already tense situations with offensive measures because they are uncomfortable is beyond me.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Homelessness and/or mental illness are not death sentences. NYC straphangers are accustomed to these common types of occurrences on the subway.

Because this guy wasn’t comfortable doesn’t mean he gets to choke out and kill someone. If I had a dollar for every time there was someone shouting wild stuff on the train, I could still afford to live in NYC.

Get off at the next stop or move to the next car. Press the emergency button, there are police on nearly every train (DEFINITELY on the F Train, where this occurred.) All of these are acceptable responses to the non-physical situation happening here.

The willingness of people to escalate already tense situations with offensive measures because they are uncomfortable is beyond me.
    You rode the subway to work in NYC and ended up here on the GCGF? Prove to us you are not a bot. I’m having a hard time understanding your interest in this particular forum. Seems like we are not your type of people

Last edited:

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place

Ssssssoooo everyone get off the rail car and give it up to the hoodrat nut job ? That's your defensive plan...runaway ? on a gun forum ?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He’s worthless , it’s just possible that he’s actually a Newyorker. But I doubt it, I know several guys from new York and all though they think a little differently, none of them are stupid. Most will adapt to their new surroundings in a fairly reasonable fashion.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    You rode the subway to work in NYC and ended up here on the GCGF? Prove to us you are not a bot. I’m having a hard time understanding you interest in this particular forum. Seams like we are not your type of people
    i

i respect your right to your own opinion. but WHY should those of us who follow society's rules and walk that chalk line have to for one moment put up with such behavior? more importantly why should any man have to subject their wife and children to such? i am all for bringing back mental institutions if that is what is needed but sometimes it just takes society as a whole saying NO to get such people to toe the line.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You rode the subway to work in NYC and ended up here on the GCGF? Prove to us you are not a bot. I’m having a hard time understanding you interest in this particular forum. Seams like we are not your type of people
    Guess what? Some people are born and raised in Pensacola (Beulah even!) involved in hunting, fishing, shooting, and the outdoors from the time they can walk, and then they leave Pensacola to explore the world and see it for themselves. THEN, these same people come back to their hometown with a better understanding of the world and have developed a world view that incorporates both how they were raised and what they learned on their own.

Some people are raised in the country with all those things like I was and then never leave, developing an insular attitude towards things they don’t understand.

It’s called personal growth. It’s like eating new foods. Sometimes you don’t like it, and that’s fine, you don’t have to, but at least you tried it and learned from it. Most folks are just too lazy to put in the effort and base their judgement on what other folks tell them or what they read on the internet.

I own guns, I hunt, I fish. I enjoy many of the same things most everyone else here does. I just don’t subscribe to the same “I got mine,” chest-beating garbage that many other forum members seem to align with. Pretty simple.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Guess what? Some people are born and raised in Pensacola (Beulah even!) involved in hunting, fishing, shooting, and the outdoors from the time they can walk, and then they leave Pensacola to explore the world and see it for themselves. THEN, these same people come back to their hometown with a better understanding of the world and have developed a world view that incorporates both how they were raised and what they learned on their own.

Some people are raised in the country with all those things like I was and then never leave, developing an insular attitude towards things they don’t understand.

It’s called personal growth. It’s like eating new foods. Sometimes you don’t like it, and that’s fine, you don’t have to, but at least you tried it and learned from it. Most folks are just too lazy to put in the effort and base their judgement on what other folks tell them or what they read on the internet.

I own guns, I hunt, I fish. I enjoy many of the same things most everyone else here does. I just don’t subscribe to the same “I got mine,” chest-beating garbage that many other forum members seem to align with. Pretty simple.
    i think, if you polled this forum, you would find the majority of its members have travelled and seen the world, been exposed to many types of people, cultures and societies. and almost to a man, the members i have met in person are educated, thoughtful and intelligent men.

Top Bottom