• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    I really like the stream light stylus. 20$ a pop, I’ve actually found all of mine locally but they’re on Amazon.

Double a, bright(idk lumes), comes with a little belt pouch. Basically the modern mini mag. Actually at this point nearly all of my surefires have been replaced by stream light stuffs.
    I can’t stand the cheap penlights btw. Every one I’ve ever bought shatthebed within a month or two. Your mileage may vary, maybe I’m just hard on lights(and watches).

Not directly related but,
    Last night we did an informal night shoot, handguns with handheld lights. It was nice having a light small enough to palm around a 1911 mag during the reloads, really simplified the whole ordeal. Yes wml is best, but unfortunately my 1911’s and revolvers don’t have rails

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    I use the OLight Perun 2 - 2,000 lumens and Perun 3 - 3,000 lumens for work and EDC.
    The shape of the lights are like the old military flashlights, but are pocket size for EDC.

DustyDog

Master
    Are you stuck on AA lights? Or would you be open to rechargeable? I'll make you a hell of a deal! LoL
    See? I was a "disposable battery only" guy 'til I got the one below. It's not an integral battery (it's a 18650, I believe), so you can still carry spares.

1 thru 2000 lumens (1, 10, 80, 300, 800, and 2000 in Turbo mode, which will step back down to 800 if it gets too hot), Strobe, Beacon, SOS... what more could you want?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNKZ5ZH/

LordPorter1

Expert
    Been using mini mags for years. Just wondering if there's something better. Looking for - Small, belt holster, led, bright. AA batts.
    $$ is a factor due to possibility of dropping overboard.
    I have a huge collection of flashlights, I find they are so much like CCW the one you are comfortable to always carry and have on you is the right one for you. I have very expensive ones but the ones I always end up using are the single battery or rechargeable size cheap Olight or Streamlight. I am not sure what kind of run time you are needing but the biggest thing I have learned with flashlights is light is light the $20 options are just as handy as the $400 options depending on needs

BluesBrother

Master
    See? I was a "disposable battery only" guy 'til I got the one below. It's not an integral battery (it's a 18650, I believe), so you can still carry spares.

1 thru 2000 lumens (1, 10, 80, 300, 800, and 2000 in Turbo mode, which will step back down to 800 if it gets too hot), Strobe, Beacon, SOS... what more could you want?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNKZ5ZH/
    I'm impressed. You can wear around your neck using optional lanyard attachment.

Last edited:

LordPorter1

Expert
    These are all comparable to mini mags runtime wise with better output. I run energizer lithium in the ones that are not rechargeable. The Streamlight stinger and ultra stinger was my gut answer but they are a few hundred and going over board they are heavy and easy to drop. The Streamlight work life series if you don’t need a focused beam are on sale for $113 Amazon and they are AWESOME

Top Bottom