Looking for a budget scope with decent glass...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would like a 30mm tube since I already have a set of nice rings. Looking for a cheap good quality scope for my 10-22 built. Has to be mildot retical and decent glass... Who makes what I need?

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone have experience with the brand Counter Sniper scopes? I found one reasonable priced with some great zoom stats.
    Its a 10-40x56 and im wondering if its clear when max out at 40?
    The scope on my .50 BMG is only 6-24X50 and I dont use the gun enough to warrant spending tons of money for more zoom.
    The scope on it now is great till about 500 yards then things r to far away for precision.
    I could hit a basketball easy at 700 yards but not a baseball.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not mil dot, but the Optisan Mamba is a great scope. Using one on my 300BLK right now. $150 or so, comes with a great mount.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm curious too, thought 100-150 yds was max for .22lr, edumakate me plz? I mean I know they go a mile, but I didn't think they had a long range capability that would warrant mil dot....is that just your preferred reticle ?

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nikon P-22 with the BDC Reticle is configured for the 22 round. It also is available with the Nikoplex reticle. It is not available with the MilDot but is a good scope. I have two of them. One on a Henry Lever action and on a 10/22. For long range shooting the BDC is great, but for the range the Nikoplex would be better.

HighCotton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Found this old thread & thought id jump on the tail end of it instead of starting a new one. Im looking to get some affordable optics on my Ruger 10-22 & have about $150 to spend. Bass Pro has a Nikon® ProStaff® 3-9x40 .22LR Rimfire Riflescope on sale for $129.99:
    http://www.basspro.com/Nikon-ProStaff-39x40-22LR-Rimfire-Riflescope/product/12091805084016/#desc-tab

They also have a Nikon® P-22 AR Riflescope listed for $149.99:
    http://www.basspro.com/Nikon-P22-AR-Riflescope/product/120308/

Any input on either of these scopes would be much appreciated. I plan on buying a scope for my Colt LE6920 after I save a little more cash, but want to get the Ruger outfitted first.

Thanks - HC

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Found this old thread & thought id jump on the tail end of it instead of starting a new one. Im looking to get some affordable optics on my Ruger 10-22 & have about $150 to spend. Bass Pro has a Nikon® ProStaff® 3-9x40 .22LR Rimfire Riflescope on sale for $129.99:
    http://www.basspro.com/Nikon-ProStaff-39x40-22LR-Rimfire-Riflescope/product/12091805084016/#desc-tab

They also have a Nikon® P-22 AR Riflescope listed for $149.99:
    http://www.basspro.com/Nikon-P22-AR-Riflescope/product/120308/

Any input on either of these scopes would be much appreciated. I plan on buying a scope for my Colt LE6920 after I save a little more cash, but want to get the Ruger outfitted first.

Thanks - HC

I have the Nikon Prostaff in your first link. In fact, I liked it so much I bought a second one. I don't think you could ask for a better .22 scope. Amazon has it for $10 less.

HighCotton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go to the Nikon scope site and check into getting the $30.00 which ends 4 21 2013

I went to nikonsportsoptics.com & nikonusa.com looking for promos. Im guessing you need to sign up for the newsletter on nikonusa to get the $30 promo?

Thanks, HC

HighCotton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the link, CCHGN. I have a BSA on my Mark II & im happy with it, but am leaning towards Nikon at this point.

I just had a benchrest friend of mine call me, John & stated your post almost verbatim.

I appreciate the feedback, Guys.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ebay is always a good place for cheap scopes. Go to rifle scopes and then to used rifle scopes. Taking your chances but. Bought a couple and have had good luck. Just check there feedback.

Top Bottom