• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Interested in building an AR into a mounted platform. No stock. Maybe flipping upside down to use the top of the reciever for the mount and mag on top. Would also need some kind of trigger system like a paddle type.
    Would need a bull barrel for heat issues.
    Thoughts? Anybody build one? Tkx.
    Put a carabiner on the fixed carry handle, attached to a chain, wrapped around a roll bar

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    back in the 80s when i was stationed at 29 palms ca. a buddy and i went to vegas for the soldier of fortune convention. we bought a kit to turn two ruger 10/22s into a pintle mounted hand-cranked(totally legal) 2 barrel machine gun. mounted it in the back of an old four runner. we would tear ass thru the desert walking rounds up on jack rabbits. surely something like that is still for sale somewhere. i say look for something like that.
    I saw one of these dual mount 10/22's at Jay's Guns not that long ago

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    There exists a 308 belt fed upper for AR15 lowers, compatible with binary triggers

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Thoughts on inverting the weapon to make it top feed? I don't see it impacting the action at all. Besides the obvious, mag in the way of sighting.
    Make a mag baseplate with iron sights on it. Might could fabricate with a file and Dremel if careful, out of a Magpul baseplate? Plenty of material there to work with... maybe even just drill an aperture straight thru

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230417-043121.png
      Screenshot_20230417-043121.png
      542.8 KB · Views: 37

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Might be a good idea. Don't know much about the mounts and how it attaches to the weapon. My thought was to use the top rail of the upper as that would be the strongest part of the assembly. Thought about using the grip screw but that's just one small bolt in threaded aluminum.
    Need a belt fed upper. Insert a bunch of long self tapping screws across the magwell to block it from a regular mag insertion, then just stick a stake in ground, put the stake in the magwell and presto, you're in business

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Might be a good idea. Don't know much about the mounts and how it attaches to the weapon. My thought was to use the top rail of the upper as that would be the strongest part of the assembly. Thought about using the grip screw but that's just one small bolt in threaded aluminum.

Bingo...
    Bolt this to a turn table and leave the top screw loose, with a belt fed upper

Screenshot_20230417-044028.png

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    ?? What barrel for higher volume shooting? 5.56, 223, 223w? Chrome lined? Heavy profile? Bull?
    5.56 chrome lined heavy barrel. Or get a fluted one for the heat dissipation. Either way I would also go 20” barrel with rifle length gas tube as this is a mounted weapon anyway. And you could always get the adams arms piston conversion kit and do away with gas tube.

On the mount. Could you use a mlok rail with 2 pic rail sections. One at muzzle end and one at receiver end. Make a piece that attaches to both and “V’s” downward towards your single mounting point. Then you are supported over the length of the 15” rail

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    5.56 chrome lined heavy barrel. Or get a fluted one for the heat dissipation. Either way I would also go 20” barrel with rifle length gas tube as this is a mounted weapon anyway. And you could always get the adams arms piston conversion kit and do away with gas tube.

On the mount. Could you use a mlok rail with 2 pic rail sections. One at muzzle end and one at receiver end. Make a piece that attaches to both and “V’s” downward towards your single mounting point. Then you are supported over the length of the 15” rail
    Yep I was thinking full lenght barrel too. It's just for fun so an hbar barrel would work with fsb. Accuracy not an issue with volume of fire. Have to play around after building to figure out mounting. Got plenty of time to order parts before I get home.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Why not a regular rail mounted vertical pistol grip/bipod combo just stuck in the top of an oversized vertical pipe? Like a T ball platform, with a reducer on top. That way you can pick up the rifle and run with it if you need to, and still have a bipod

Screenshot_20230422-114507.png
    Screenshot_20230422-114542.png
    Screenshot_20230422-115002.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom