• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive been wanting to cheap a CHEAP lever gun to plink with, had everything else under the sun but never a lever gun

Anyone know or have any cheap lever 22s? Looking for something in mint cond, no rust

Just want something to plink with iron sights

henry? marlin?

it seems the winchesters are way overpriced...any ideas shoot em my way

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Niether one of those are cheap either, they are both great guns, I have had 2 henrys both sweet, and a few marlins always a good choice, even better if you get an older model.. by the way I personally think winchester would be the worst of the 3. The entry level henry isn't fancy but works good, the marlins are a little heavier depending on model but will outlast a mule. I would just buy the one I found a deal on first. Chances are you are going to love it and buy the other anyway!

RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks for input

i have also just found the cool little henry 22 lever pistol, since its just shooting cans i dont think the little baby stock would be too bad, priced under $300 from what i have seen online

saw a mossberg, but not a fan of having to squeeze the lever as a safety

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got four 22 rifles and the Henry I recently bought from Forum Member is the most accurate of all. The other three will see a lot of safe time now. Can't go wrong with Henry. IMO

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My dad bought a Browning Lever action .22 lr when I was about 16. It was nail driving accurate. I used to pop turtle heads in the pond at my uncle's house from about 70 yards. It would digest any lr ammo and was as accurate with cheapie stuff as it was with higher priced ammo. If you can stomach paying $400+, I'd go for it... you only go around once.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yepper.....even though you think a 22 plinker is a cheaper rifle in lever action, don't think 1 exists. If you want a cheap plinker, go bolt action. I haven't seen a lever action 22 under 250.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Lever Action and cheap just don't go together at all it seems. If you want one that is cool, accurate and will not disappoint, then take a look at the Browning BL22. Very short throw of the lever chambers a new round and don't even have to take your sights off the target to do so. Very cool guns. I have a Winchester 94/22 and love the heck out of it. Very accurate and nearly stole it when I bought it new in 1999. I have heard great things about the Henry's and my brother-in-law has a golden boy that he has shot the crap out of. Great guns for the money.

Top Bottom