• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should check with your local ATF my understanding is that neighboring states that is states that share a common border, individuals can sale or trade long guns not handguns

fla kid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Residents of the states of Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi and Florida can purchase long guns in the state of Alabama. (Ala. Revised Code 13A-11-58)Residents of California can only be transferred a firearm in the state of California. (CA Pen. Code 12072.C & 12048(d)(7)(A)) Colorado:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You should check with your local ATF my understanding is that neighboring states that is states that share a common border, individuals can sale or trade long guns not handguns
    That went away before I became a ffl. Unless you're taking about buying from a ffl.

Residents of the states of Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi and Florida can purchase long guns in the state of Alabama. (Ala. Revised Code 13A-11-58)Residents of California can only be transferred a firearm in the state of California. (CA Pen. Code 12072.C & 12048(d)(7)(A)) Colorado:
    From a licensee. What version is the quote because Google took me to a 2019 version that's different than what you posted

State laws vary but fed trumps itETA: states usually get away with being more restrictive

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    This discussion comes up often. Obviously, some folks have bought and sold guns across state lines, believing it is legal. Has anyone ever been charged that anyone knows of? I have never heard of an arrest, or fine.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    You can buy from a bordering state via FFL. Buy in Alabama, cross into Florida no issue. Now you can do what you want but I always have the fear if I ever get checked for any reason, and the gun was registered in Alabama and now I have it........that looks really bad, like felony bad. I'll pass.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That was my understanding too. But if you were still uneasy you could always meet at a local gun store and do a transfer there usually 25 to 40 bucks

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

fla kid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I knew this was going to start something I tried to call atf but they went home already I will try tomorrow

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I knew this was going to start something I tried to call atf but they went home already I will try tomorrow
    Getting a thumbs up from them is a warm fuzzy but unless whatever they tell you is written down and current, it doesn't mean anything.

Was your quote about private sales or buying from a licensee?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    They are going to tell him it's ok, track his phone and bust him after he buys it. My interpretation of the ATF laws/rules/hokey pokey

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have to be careful how you ask the ATF a question if they think you are involved in a sale for profit no telling what kind of answer you'll get. Maybe a question like .... hey I got a buddy in Alabama that wants to buy an old shotgun that I don't use anymore and I live in Florida is that okay.... I'm just saying when your talk to the ATF know exactly what you're going to ask before you make the call and I don't think I would use my home phone or my cell phone ....

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom