• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The rearend is bolted in. The tcase is rebuilt and sye installed. The front brackets and bumper are tacked up to be welded tomorrow hopefully. I have everything i need to get it on the road but driveshafts. Those have to be last anyways. Hope to be done in a month. Or so. With this part.

ForumRunner_20140310_190204.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140310_190204.png
      ForumRunner_20140310_190204.png
      119.5 KB · Views: 138

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a 1948 cj2-A an several 1950 old square fender jeep station wagons, wish I still had my cj!!!!!!! Denny in pace

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You've got the decal on the windshield so you're halfway there.

Seriously, that's a cool project. I really want a Jeep someday.

thanks Sean! the decal i know but if you look close you can see where i kicked the driverside top of the windshield and spiderwebed the shit out of it. i was trying to make the top fit and might have had too many beers to be kicking near windshields. ian will get some business out of it once it hits the road.

big daddy where are they at? i need a 1310 cv yoke at the top, a long travel heavy duty spline, and a 1350 or 1410 u joint at the bottom end on the rear. the whole shaft will only end up being about 2 ft long. itll really just be splines with yokes welded o n each end. the front will be just stock shaft shortened with a 1350 yoke on the axle end.

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://panhandledriveline.com/#2732
    His name is William, he owned Williams Transmission in Milton. He is close to Nichol's Seafood on Avalon. Give him a call. He is propably the nicest guy I have met. He is all about 4x4 custom drivelines

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love my Jeep. I'll always own one. I can do my fair share of vehicle maintenance and repair, but I'm by no means what you'd call a "car guy". I won't be rebuilding any Jeeps in my lifetime but I will making some additions once I'm moved back home (winches and lights and cages and such. Going to get some good use out of it where I plan on living.

Capt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Love my jeeps,yeah,I got 2.Ian's already replaced the windshield in one and the rubber gasket around the other.I might have got the last one (windshield) he had for a jeep wrangler,i'm sure he could take care of you.Almost time to take the top & doors off!

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice! I sure could use some stock height springs for my YJ. Too bad they're more expensive than some lift kits.

Top Bottom