• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Or do any of you ignore rude people when selling an item?
    By rude I mean people that don’t speak in complete sentences when contacting you.
    It’s especially prevalent on FB Marketplace.
    I was selling an item the other day for $250. I got a message and all it said was “$200”. I didn’t reply.
    If he had said “Could you possibly take $200 for your item?”, I would have probably said yes.
    I have a jacket for sale and got a message “picture of tag”. Not responding. Speak in complete sentences, caveman.
    I’m fairly old, fairly cantankerous and will eat tonight whether my item sells or not.
    Am I the only one that feels this way?

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most of the guys making offers without seeing the item have no intentions of actually buying the item. I had a kid that worked for me that would spend part of his day negotiating deals that he couldn’t afford. This kid didn’t have a dime but would throw out low ball offers on vehicles. A serious buyer will give effort if he is interested and most likely it will show in his text.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Most of the guys making offers without seeing the item have no intentions of actually buying the item. I had a kid that worked for me that would spend part of his day negotiating deals that he couldn’t afford. This kid didn’t have a dime but would throw out low ball offers on vehicles. A serious buyer will give effort if he is interested and most likely it will show in his text.
    True, I’ve noticed that the more questions a persons asks without actually coming to look at the item, the less likely they are to buy.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is it still available?

That one I delete and block, you aren't worth my time.

We see that one because the person clicked on that as a quick response to keep it in a que of theirs that they looked at to compare to others. Not one will carry through. Tire kickers, waste of time. Facebook crap.
    By rude I mean people that don’t speak in complete sentences when contacting you.
    That is just lack of grammar due to poor education. Seems to be common around here so there's that.

Before anyone gets in a tiffy, I have friends who could barely type on a keyboard and are some good honest people, better than some on here.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What I consider rude and what I ignore is when I have something priced fair already, and I get low balled on it. I'm not talking by a little bit either, substantial percentage.

Another one that is not worth my time.

billrv

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I agree 100% the dealings I had with you last year were very pleasant, the items I bought were fairly priced and the interaction was to the point.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was a lot of good points and comments made in this thread but I want you gentlemen to keep a few things in mind . first off I cannot stand to hear people being put down because of lack of Education , there is a big difference between being educated and actually being intelligent. While a lot of you were off being educated a lot of us where working our butt off to provide a better life for our children so they could get that education that we never had an opportunity to get. I'm sorry if any of this sounds rude but it just galls me to see somebody being put down from lack of grammar or punctuation. You don't understand what an accomplishment it is for some of us too even use a computer.... sorry for the interruption

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There was a lot of good points and comments made in this thread but I want you gentlemen to keep a few things in mind . first off I cannot stand to hear people being put down because of lack of Education , there is a big difference between being educated and actually being intelligent. While a lot of you were off being educated a lot of us where working our butt off to provide a better life for our children so they could get that education that we never had an opportunity to get. I'm sorry if any of this sounds rude but it just galls me to see somebody being put down from lack of grammar or punctuation. You don't understand what an accomplishment it is for some of us too even use a computer.... sorry for the interruption
    The US Military operates on a 7th grade reading level, let me throw that out there.

When you refer to "educated", it's not just college level that most of us see it. Grammar is learned throughout school, all grades. Hence why some education systems are better than others. As well as intelligence and the ability to retain it.

I gather your outlook on it when you say " a lot of us were working our butt off to provide a better life for our children". Why I say education is not just post-high school.

If I'm wrong, feel free to let me know.

Top Bottom