• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well went to Acadamy Sports the day as I need to replace my carry gun as I sold my Hellcat because I had trouble racking a load into the chamber as I'm disabled and wrists not built up enough to pull the heavy spring in the Springfield Hellcat.
    Well I was showed a nice S&W 9mm that I had no problem racking.

Well now comes the problem. My eyesight like the rest of us old guys has diminished a bit. I do have a CC permit. My wife was helping me fill out the paperwork by reading the? s to me well one? was are you purchasing this firearm for yourself or to resell. Somehow the wrong answer was marked.

They came back over to me as they were going over the form and stated they could not sell me a firearm thru Acadamy Sports for 30days.

My question is does that go into the system and I'm blocked from buying a firearm at any other store for the 30 day period or is this just Acadamy's way of doing things,

Thank you for any help provided.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Boy that sure is shitty of Academy, I definitely would NOT be buying my next gun from them. I'd give it a try at another gun store and see what happens, and get some reading glasses. Jimmy's pawn in FWB will tell you what you need to select on the forum if they know you have a CC permit.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    First one yes, the rest no AS OF NOW.

I’ll admit I don’t even read them anymore. They do update them every so often and from what I hear there’s an update coming in the next few months.

But let’s talk about the real issue here. Picking the right gun for you, with the right sights for your eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I thought you were blocked for 30 days anywhere you checked no in the first box...not just an Academy thang

brodband

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Boy that sure is shitty of Academy, I definitely would NOT be buying my next gun from them. I'd give it a try at another gun store and see what happens, and get some reading glasses. Jimmy's pawn in FWB will tell you what you need to select on the forum if they know you have a CC permit.

Not sure they are legally supposed to do that.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The only thing you messed up is going to Academy to buy a gun these days...

For what it’s worth, there’s a new version of the 4473. That last question that used to say something to the effect of “if you marked “No” on the previous question, then leave this one blank”, well, now it’s ambiguous. It asks you to mark yes or no to an amplifying condition that you probably marked “No” on the previous question. So, do you leave it blank or mark “No” again? Just another item for the BATFECES to scrap another FFL as a “willful error”.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to criticize you or anything but if you can’t see good enough to read the form and fill it out by yourself then you need to address that first. Selling you a gun when you cannot see would be irresponsible. Everyone has the right to protect themselves but I would not have sold you a gun if someone else had to read you the form because you could not see it. How do you plan to protect yourself? Are you going to shoot everything that is remotely human shaped in front of you?

This is probably God telling you to get your eyes fixed and giving you 30 days to stop thinking about getting a gun and getting your eyes right. I’d think about that and less about the gun.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to criticize you or anything but if you can’t see good enough to read the form and fill it out by yourself then you need to address that first. Selling you a gun when you cannot see would be irresponsible. Everyone has the right to protect themselves but I would not have sold you a gun if someone else had to read you the form because you could not see it. How do you plan to protect yourself? Are you going to shoot everything that is remotely human shaped in front of you?

This is probably God telling you to get your eyes fixed and giving you 30 days to stop thinking about getting a gun and getting your eyes right. I’d think about that and less about the gun.
    I wear reading glasses but failed to have them with me.

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All EZ to rack and roll , Revolver for your pocket. AR or AK pistol for when the shtf, scatter gun for after midnight close qtrs.
    Watch out for ?14 too…wouldn’t want to get that one wrong.
    Why would anyone want to go to a retail store and also pay 10% tax and be subjected to the filling out the permission slip from the aft and fbeye? And there’s very few new guns I give a blank about but that’s just me.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like I wouldn’t be buying anything from academy sports, I don’t like how they use the electronic forum and it’s easy to make an honest mistake. Especially when you have a valid CPL. That’s why I avoid buying from those box stores and prefer my local gun shop.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All EZ to rack and roll , Revolver for your pocket. AR or AK pistol for when the shtf, scatter gun for after midnight close qtrs.
    Watch out for ?14 too…wouldn’t want to get that one wrong.
    Why would anyone want to go to a retail store and also pay 10% tax and be subjected to the filling out the permission slip from the aft and fbeye? And there’s very few new guns I give a blank about but that’s just me.
    Agree a hundred percent. Armslist is your friend, I'm surprised they haven't closed that loophole yet. I for sure TRY and do that with all my gun purchases but you have to have a lot patience and scan it every day to snag a good deal on a particular gun. But sometimes I get an uncontrollable urge to buy a particular gun and will break down and go the gun shop route. I know, I need help, but the first step is admitting you have a problem :) .

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Revolver

2. Rules are not laws.

3. Find another source for the item you seek.

4. Academy is a for-profit business, bound/driven by whatever delivers the almighty $. Not in business for your benefit.

Top Bottom