• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    There’s a grave in Butler County AL near Georgianna of a veteran that’s marked Confederate and Union, apparently after he was captured by the Yankees he then enlisted with them for the duration of the war. I used to know the story but my memory has faded. In earlier post I made about my Mom’s grandfather I was talking about her maternal grandfather, now her paternal grandfather joined the Confederate Navy at Mobile just a few months before the war came to an end, I think he done this mainly to save the family’s namesake in the community because I think his family didn’t want nothing today with secession , in other words Union sympathziers. He had 2 brothers that joined the 1st FL Union Calvary and I think they were based out of Fort Pickens after it surrendered, anyway these 2 Grand Uncles of Mom’s met their fate at a river crossing in northwest Florida gunned down by a Confederate Home Guard detachment. Mom’s paternal grandfather did draw a Confederate pension as well as his wife too until they died even though he enlisted just for a few months before it was over. Got pics of him but none in a uniform. Folks, take time to learn about your ancestors and pass those stories down to your grandchildren. My maternal granny used to tell me stories her parents related when the Yankees came through looting and stealing livestock and poultry and burning barns and homes down, what little they had would be buried in the woods before the Yanks arrived if they had enough warning, she told me about the railroad tracks being ripped up and the rails being thrown in big fires so they could be twisted around large trees to never be used again. One story she told me about the Yankees where they showed some compassion was when they rode up on a old blind man and they didn’t touch any of his property or animals, granny lived when all these stories were fresh on her families and friends minds, Deo Vindice

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    That really pisses me off. It's inherently implying that because I'm brown I'm stupider than a white or asian person. It's an insult. But, if I can brutally honest, at the risk of a ban, I will say that alot of "melanin enriched Americans" have room temperature IQs, and a destructive "culture" to go with it.

Guess I'll see ya; after my ban :)
    I’m glad to hear you say this because I’ve always thought “Who is more racist, a person who feels that everyone is equal or one who feels that people of color need special consideration because they are not smart enough to make it on their own?”
    Personally, I would be insulted being pandered to.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There’s a grave in Butler County AL near Georgianna of a veteran that’s marked Confederate and Union, apparently after he was captured by the Yankees he then enlisted with them for the duration of the war. I used to know the story but my memory has faded. In earlier post I made about my Mom’s grandfather I was talking about her maternal grandfather, now her paternal grandfather joined the Confederate Navy at Mobile just a few months before the war came to an end, I think he done this mainly to save the family’s namesake in the community because I think his family didn’t want nothing today with secession , in other words Union sympathziers. He had 2 brothers that joined the 1st FL Union Calvary and I think they were based out of Fort Pickens after it surrendered, anyway these 2 Grand Uncles of Mom’s met their fate at a river crossing in northwest Florida gunned down by a Confederate Home Guard detachment. Mom’s paternal grandfather did draw a Confederate pension as well as his wife too until they died even though he enlisted just for a few months before it was over. Got pics of him but none in a uniform. Folks, take time to learn about your ancestors and pass those stories down to your grandchildren. My maternal granny used to tell me stories her parents related when the Yankees came through looting and stealing livestock and poultry and burning barns and homes down, what little they had would be buried in the woods before the Yanks arrived if they had enough warning, she told me about the railroad tracks being ripped up and the rails being thrown in big fires so they could be twisted around large trees to never be used again. One story she told me about the Yankees where they showed some compassion was when they rode up on a old blind man and they didn’t touch any of his property or animals, granny lived when all these stories were fresh on her families and friends minds, Deo Vindice
    My mother (aged 89) is the last living person that knew my great great grandfather. He was a member of Cobb's Legion and came from Carrollton, GA. I remember my older uncles talking about him, and how they took him to some reunions, even at Gettysburg where he fought. He was wounded twice and walked from Pennsylvania back to Georgia. He died a few weeks before he turned 100. We have a few pictures of him and some physical momentos of his life. My mom says he became the sweetest, kindest man you would ever hope to know. He hated war, even hated seeing the kids fight at home. I wish I had known him.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    2 of my great-great grandfathers fought for the Confederacy Hiram Prescott Bush and James AJ Merritt. One of James AJ Merritt’s brothers was captured by Union troops and given the choice enlist in the Union Army or be thrown in a prison as a prisoner of war. He enlisted in the Union Army and was disowned by the family for being a traitor to the South

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Having done genealogy for 40 years I’ve dug up a lot of family history, I have 5 documented grandfathers that were in the Continental Army, one of which was a courier for Gen Washington, and one served under ”Lighthorse” Harry Lee which is Robert E Lee’s father. I have been to that 7th Great Grandfathers grave over in the woods on a hill in Georgia, the state of Georgia gave him 200 acres of land for his service to the nation.

Pierre

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Geoge Floyd statue going up in its place? The woke train is weird. It's like they push and push and the moment someone in their movement says "Hey, this might be a bit too far" they are immediately excommunicated. The problem with that is so many just continue to go along with it rather than be seen as "not woke enough."

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but there is legitimately a group of people who are trying to destroy western civilization and they have successfully positioned themselves as the more compassionate side when compared to the "If you want to succeed you have to eat your vegetables and do your homework" messaging of the conservatives.
    George Floyd and Rachel Levine in a mini skirt...sick sick world.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom