• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bodhisattva

Marksman
    That's a massive generator. Most of what I've looked at is in the 22K-26K range.
    That's all you need to comfortably run a reasonable sized house I am told. But I am also just a cook and bottle washer, not an electrician or diesel mechanic.

willieG

Shooter
    That's a massive generator. Most of what I've looked at is in the 22K-26K range.
    Well I can run the 2 A/C units. 1 is 1.5 ton, other is 2.5 ton, Cook using oven, cooktop, washer, dryer, water heater, microwave. All as if the power never went out.
    That's the good part. The bad part is the $100 per day! Story of my life. :)

MarkS

Master
    Cowboy Kent is awesome. I made some a few weeks ago after watching that video and running out of filters lol.
    I didn’t know that my Uncle Butch ( A.L.Bush) who I spent most summers with growing up made cowboy coffee. He made coffee like this in a copper clad pot.

FrommerStop

Master
    What if you do not own the mineral rights. Few people these days purchasing land get the mineral rights since the mineral rights belong to someone else. I do not own mine for my place, but I do own mineral rights to a few acres of an old family homestead that was sold years ago, but our family kept the mineral rights.

5lima30ret

Master
    If I didn't live in a municipal subdivision I would get a PTO generator and run it off a compact diesel tractor. Probably one of the most fuel efficient ways to make power. The bonus is having a compact diesel tractor for other chores when you don't need a generator!

*edit: 13,000 watt PTO generator from Northern Tool $1849.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom