• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Buddy of mine lives in Houston. He thought he was prepared with a whole home genrac too, until Harvey hit and the city turned off the NG.
    Lessons to learn from and live by. Always need a backup plan.
    One is none and two are one..... let that sink in...
    Yea if you don't have you own backup fuel supply. I would not even consider it a backup source.

ABlaster

Marksman
    One can only prepare so much and if God wants you in the dark, you’ll be in the dark. I can totally see having a backup plan for really anything, but I could endlessly chase my tail and at some point I have to move on to other things that need attending to!

I go back to the semi-stolen quote from George Carlin. “ Anyone less prepared than I am is a sheep and anyone more prepared than I am is paranoid.”

MAXman

Master
    Like I just wanna point out that mercedes as a brand isn’t actually that expensive when you compare it to most other things.

For a brand that consistently clocks 300k (and has for the length of my life,)I feel used is a safe option to look at models with less than 100k which are like sometimes half the price. Last time I bought a car I looked at yota, Honda, Benz and Volvo. The Benz was the cheapest, for most recent year, and less mileage.(the fact it was diesel was just a bonus, and also there were just no Volvos for sale on the used market that weren’t salvage titled or in Georgia)
    Like I understand sheiks and royalty and whatever are often found in them, but idk maybe that’s because they are one of if not the finest made automobiles made?

Sure they will sell you a *industrial grade tractor for primitive construction use that’s road legal* for a pretty penny. But I mean, I work with a guy that managed to sink 60k$ into a Kia, which means his car note is equivalent to my mortgage. I KNOW there’s brand new, nobutthasfartedontheseat Mercedes for less than 60k$.

No, it won’t rub the shoulder knots out in traffic for you, but such luxuries as “conditioned air” and “controlled cruise” also aren’t (included) 1000$ up sales.

As far as the apocastorms… you’ve either sat through one, or you haven’t. If you haven’t, god bless you bro because there’s NOTHING the Midwest has to compare this side of a tornado.
    (And micheal was like a gigantic tornado)
    You know, or you don’t. Here’s to hoping no one will learn this season.
    Keep in mind you’ll dehydrate and die weeks before you’ll starve, that water born bacteria still kills millions in undeveloped countries, and if you don’t already own what you might need you’ll pay a premium if you can find it for the last -10days until October.

Whenever you feel sorry for yourself, look at the pictures of Jamaica after this cat 4 is done with her.

Daezee

Master
    Curious, did you DIY the transfer panel, or pay someone? For context, contractors in my area assume everyone is a millionaire and estimate/charge accordingly. TIA.
    My son is an electrician. It just cost me the parts he needed. Flip off breakers, move transfer switch from grid to off, plug cable into generator, turn on generator, move transfer switch to generator position, flip beakers as needed to on. Have had to connect the generator to the house a few times; it works fine and you don’t have extension cords on the floor.

This was 16 years ago…there may be easier setups than mine.

capt.joe

Master
    Tropical storm watch issued for Baldwin county and coastal waters of Pensacola. Just got the word to take all our equipment into bayou Chico. Here we go!

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Tropical storm watch issued for Baldwin county and coastal waters of Pensacola. Just got the word to take all our equipment into bayou Chico. Here we go!
    9/13 will be our first year here so far we have dodged 3 big storms , tourist season, new bugs every 2 months , ghetto wallymart , bear sighting and our lawn sprinklers on the fritz .

FrommerStop

Master
    The current hurricane Francine is going towards
    1725989909807.png

LA and MS. A little bit of yellow for coast is on Baldwin county, not sure it is touches any part of FL.

There a depression or two in the Atlantic. Not sure will they will be doing. They are supposed to join and have the following possible tracks.
    1725990200752.png

5lima30ret

Master
    What is concerning in Baldwin County is the storm making landfall on a super high tide...that makes a huge difference! Storm surge is VERY real and it is measured vertically in feet! Statistically flooding/ high water kills more people in a hurricane than wind. I am surprised that they named this storm "Francine" which is awful close to "Frances" which was 1 of 4 major hurricanes that I worked as a cop that hit the East & West coast of FL in 2004.

*I hope it is just a rain maker! If not I will be working in the Baldwin County Emergency Operations Center as a volunteer coordinator sending various specialty volunteer teams out to assist after the event. I spent 4 days in the Baldwin County EOC after hurricane Sally and I hope I never have to do that again!

FrommerStop

Master
    What is concerning in Baldwin County is the storm making landfall on a super high tide...that makes a huge difference! Storm surge is VERY real and it is measured vertically in feet! Statistically flooding/ high water kills more people in a hurricane than wind. I am surprised that they named this storm "Francine" which is awful close to "Frances" which was 1 of 4 major hurricanes that I worked as a cop that hit the East & West coast of FL in 2004.

*I hope it is just a rain maker! If not I will be working in the Baldwin County Emergency Operations Center as a volunteer coordinator sending various specialty volunteer teams out to assist after the event. I spent 4 days in the Baldwin County EOC after hurricane Sally and I hope I never have to do that again!
    It seems to be fast moving that if so will limit the amount of rain fall.

FrommerStop

Master
    Looks like the will hit between New Orlean and Baton Rouge. Wonder map of what the storm looks like now and the outer bands for sure will hit MS.

1726008895780.png

1726009067884.png

FrommerStop

Master
    It is breezy last time I went outside in Pace, FL and there seems to be an out band about the Panama city area. The edge of the eye seems to be about touching shore.

1726097173834.png

And out in the Atlantic is this. Not certain is this becomes a problem yet, there is more from where that came from.

1726097858025.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom