• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    If you get a generator (and I highly recommend it) be sure and get all the 10 or 12 gauge extension cords that you need, along with several quarts of 30 weight oil and a few spark plugs. Also get a dozen or so 5 gallon gas cans. Now.
    None of these things will be available when a hurricane is about to hit or for a few weeks afterwards.
    Same thing with small window units. You will not find anything less than an 18,000 BTU on the shelves. Get it now or as soon as it looks like a hurricane COULD enter the gulf.
    There are usually several like new generators on Craig's List. You could save 50% off a new one.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you get a generator (and I highly recommend it) be sure and get all the 10 or 12 gauge extension cords that you need, along with several quarts of 30 weight oil and a few spark plugs. Also get a dozen or so 5 gallon gas cans. Now.
    None of these things will be available when a hurricane is about to hit or for a few weeks afterwards.
    Same thing with small window units. You will not find anything less than an 18,000 BTU on the shelves. Get it now or as soon as it looks like a hurricane COULD enter the gulf.
    There are usually several like new generators on Craig's List. You could save 50% off a new one.

Or get with me and I can install a manual generator transfer switch on most houses. This will allow you to connect your portable generator to your house safely and legally. I have been doing this as side work for many years. Kind of got out of it for a while. But I am willing to do a few here and there.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may have missed it but I'll mention it regardless. If there is a mandatory evacuation and you choose to stay, don't expect first responders to show up if something happens to you or your family. Food for thought, especially if you have young children.

ARAMP1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My plan: Have good insurance and get out early.

I have a plastic expanding envelope that has every important document in it from my marriage certificate to pet shot records to kids social security cards, etc. I also have in it a 1TB hard drive that I have every photo and important document that I've ever taken or needed. I have supplies ready for a bug out to include water and snacks for the kiddos and can easily grab the folder on the way out. I have two locations that I can go and multiple routes to get to each.

Top Bottom